Opinions about our itinerary (Bohol-Panglao-Siquijor-Apo-Cebu-Malapascua)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello :)
Your destinations are well selected, but the schedule is a real hustle to get everything done. I have an idea for you. Why dont you guys go on a little safari where everything is organised? I took it 2 years ago and it was brilliant. You better fly into Cebu and go to Moalboal first. stay a few days so you dive Pescador island (there are no more sardines but still nice) and the walls around Moalboal and then you go onto this safari boat for a great price SeaQuest - Services Dive Safari so you start in Moalboal and you go to Apo island where you stay two nights, then you go to Siquior where you stay another two nights and after that you will arrive in bohol. You have done the best dive sites in the southern cebu area already. If you then like to stay in bohol you could go to cabilao and dive around there or you take the ferry to Cebu. Honestly, after that trip, you will hate panglao because of too many tourists and restaurants etc. Once in Cebu you take the bus up north to maya and go to Malapascua. It will take you about 6-8h from Bohol to malapascua. Once there i can recommend Malapascua Exotic Island Dive and Beach Resort to dive and stay with. They have great dive masters and they will show you everything you like. Thresher sharks are there every morning for you to watch.
if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and i try to help :)

You're planning to leave Siquijor for Oslob( to snorkel with the whaleshark) and then proceed to Cebu for the evenign flight home all within single day!!! It would be a rush but doable!
Good luck.

Not my idea of a vacation. I would recommend a hired car from Maya to Cebu to ensure getting from Malapascua to Bohol in one day. I wouldn't count on taking buses and expect having to hire a car to really make the last bit happen as well. I would recommend cutting out Siquijor if you are set on swimming with the whale sharks and there is plenty of great diving in Malapascua and Bohol.

That safari sounds really nice but we will have to save it for another time as we have already made plans (due to the fact that many nicer hotels seem to be full in that time of the year unfortunately... and we also can not cancel the reservations free of charge) so I think we must stick to the plan more less and see the next time if it was too many places in such a short time... :)

5 N Malapascua 28.4.-3.5. (4 full diving days)
1 N Oslob 3.-4.5. (half a day whale shark snorkeling/diving)
3 N Siquijor 4.-7.5. (snorkeling/diving/motor cycling/visit perhaps Apo island)
3 N Panglao 7.-10.5. (snorkeling/diving/visit perhaps Bohol+Balicasag/Cabilao)
2 N Hong Kong 10.-12.5. (shopping/sightseeing)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom