Opinions about our itinerary (Bohol-Panglao-Siquijor-Apo-Cebu-Malapascua)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

way too ambitious, you forgot that traveling between 2 places will often take at least one day if not two

I am just back from the Philippines , did 5 nights in Maolboal including Oslob. I then spent 8 nights in malapascua , which I honestly think was the most beautiful island I have ever seen. This was perfect and I would do it again.

Going somewhere for two days means , particaularly if you are a new diver, that 90 percent of your time will either be spent in transit , underwater or in your room asleep. I really enjoyed getting to know the other divers , the guides and just hanging around. Dive shops don,t necessarily go to the most interesting sites every single day , they are rotated to take not account weather , other divers preferences experience etc.

i am suspecting that you are young so will have many years of diving ahead , so don,t kill yourself in one trip. Two stops is more than enough in 2 weeks.

Have a wonderful trip.

Thanks again for the comments! This is probably what we´re going to do if we can find accommodation for the dates... Any recommendations of places to stay?

12 nights in total
Arrive in Cebu on 28.4. early in the morning
5 nights in Malapascua 28.4.-3.5.
4 nights in Bohol 3.-7.5.
3 nights in Siquijor 7.-10.5.
day trip to Oslob 10.5.
flight from Cebu 10.5.

Ocean Vida in Malapascua is fantastic and the attached dive centre , Sea Explorers , absolutely brilliant. It is right on a fabulous beach with calcium powder sand and palm trees . It might be worth doing your Nitrox certification to maximise bottom time with the thresher sharks.

MH:
Thanks again for the comments! This is probably what we´re going to do if we can find accommodation for the dates... Any recommendations of places to stay?

12 nights in total
day trip to Oslob 10.5.
flight from Cebu 10.5.
You're planning to leave Siquijor for Oslob( to snorkel with the whaleshark) and then proceed to Cebu for the evenign flight home all within single day!!! It would be a rush but doable!
Good luck.

You're planning to leave Siquijor for Oslob( to snorkel with the whaleshark) and then proceed to Cebu for the evenign flight home all within single day!!! It would be a rush but doable!
Good luck.

If we leave Siquijor early in the morning, go to Oslob and snorkel with the whale sharks, we have until late evening before the flight leaves. We can even take a taxi from Oslob if necessary but is it possible to get from Siquijor to Oslob early enough to see the sharks? What are the connections like, ferries/speed boats/something else and how long does it take? What time should we be at Oslob?

MH:

12 nights in total
day trip to Oslob 10.5.
flight from Cebu 10.5.

As my good buddy from Iloilo says, "whatever you want will happen baddehhh. (buddy)"
If it doesn't go according to your plan, just flow with it. Life in the Philippines can be like that.

MH:
If we leave Siquijor early in the morning, go to Oslob and snorkel with the whale sharks, we have until late evening before the flight leaves. We can even take a taxi from Oslob if necessary but is it possible to get from Siquijor to Oslob early enough to see the sharks? What are the connections like, ferries/speed boats/something else and how long does it take? What time should we be at Oslob?
1. You need to find out where you are staying in Siquijor.
2. Where is the nearest ferry terminal(public) relative to your resort.
3. Schedule of public ferry from Siquijor to Dumaguete. Please remember that ferry will be cancelled due to various reasons and lack of passenger is one of them!!!!!
4. From Dumaguete there are couple of places where ferry crossing to Cebu Island is frequent. The connection bus to Cebu city is also frequent. BTW, there are two routes to Cebu City and do not hop on the wrong one.
5. You can arrange private transfer(boat) from Siquijor to Santender(Cebu) if you wish.
6. Weather can be unpredictable so be prepared.
7. As far as I know the show in Oslob starts early until noon but anything can happen.
8. If I were you I would leave Siquijor on the 4th to Dumaguete(last ferry). The ferry from Sibulan(Dumaguete) to Santender is less than 30mins. Bus from there to Oslob is around 2hrs. Please make sure you know where to get off the bus for the show.
Good luck and happy trip.

-> in Coco Groe Beach resort
-> how many are there and where are they located in?
3. Schedule of public ferry from Siquijor to Dumaguete. Please remember that ferry will be cancelled due to various reasons and lack of passenger is one of them!!!!!
-> taking this into consideration, we should probably leave from Siquijor the previous night...
4. From Dumaguete there are couple of places where ferry crossing to Cebu Island is frequent. The connection bus to Cebu city is also frequent. BTW, there are two routes to Cebu City and do not hop on the wrong one.
-> will the driver be able to tell which one is the correct that goes via Oslob?
5. You can arrange private transfer(boat) from Siquijor to Santender(Cebu) if you wish.
-> By negotiating with the locals? How much would that cost approximately? The hotel would charge a crazy price, just asked...
-> that´s no problem :)
7. As far as I know the show in Oslob starts early until noon but anything can happen.
-> would be good to get there already early in the morning...
8. If I were you I would leave Siquijor on the 4th to Dumaguete(last ferry). The ferry from Sibulan(Dumaguete) to Santender is less than 30mins. Bus from there to Oslob is around 2hrs. Please make sure you know where to get off the bus for the show.
-> not 4th right but 9th? Our flight from Cebu city leaves on the evening of 10th?

I think we should then stay one night (9.-10.5.) in Oslob, stay 2-3 nights in Siquijor, 3-4 in Bohol and 4-5 in Malapascua...

MH:
-> in Coco Groe Beach resort
-> how many are there and where are they located in?
-> taking this into consideration, we should probably leave from Siquijor the previous night...
-> will the driver be able to tell which one is the correct that goes via Oslob?
-> By negotiating with the locals? How much would that cost approximately? The hotel would charge a crazy price, just asked...
-> that´s no problem :)
-> would be good to get there already early in the morning...
-> not 4th right but 9th? Our flight from Cebu city leaves on the evening of 10th?

I think we should then stay one night (9.-10.5.) in Oslob, stay 2-3 nights in Siquijor, 3-4 in Bohol and 4-5 in Malapascua...

(2) Ask Coco Beach
(4) Of course the driver and the conductor know which route the bus will take.
(5) Ask Coco Beach
Overnight in Oslob would be sensible instead of the rush.
Enjoy your trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom