Question Operating your wing inflator while carrying a dive torch on goodman handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve listed three downsides so not sure you can say there are none.

Being so instantly dismissive without even considering alternatives is so prevalent in so many sports.

All I’m saying is that it’s worth discussing the benefits of having a RH dump.
When we are all diving a single tec setup it’s no big deal to have a LH dump.

Diving doubles… again NBD
Doubles and a single stage… hmm now we’ve got 1 bottle in the way

CCR with 3 bailouts? Now we’ve got 3bottles in the way, a handset controller and possibly a cable on that arm which get in the way…

Add in a torch to this CCR setup and now you have to swap hands to do anything buoyancy related.

I’m just saying it’s worth the discussion… we are not machines there are human factors involved here… why make life deliberately difficult if it doesn’t have to be? 🤷🏻‍♀️
It seems like having a discussion with you is pointless as if someone disagrees you say they're dismissive. I gave solid reasons why there's no need for the switch. I also disagree with your downsides. Never had an issue carrying multiple sm/bailout/deco tanks.
The fact is, it's a nonissue.
You can say it's dismissive or whatver you want to say as it seems you're mostly interested in a one sided discussion

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom