Opened / unopened thread indicator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
The icons for whether or not threads have been read appear to be reversed - threads I have read have an unopened envelope icon next to them, and threads I haven't read have an opened envelope next to them. Seems counterintuitive.

Yeah, I just noticed that! :rolleyes:

You realise it's the opposite of what Outlook uses for email read/unread indications? I know not everyone uses Outlook, just wondering if vBulletin have got their icons reversed.

ok..so now im totally confused....
is it going to be left that an opened envelope means its unread...or is it going to be changed? Isnt birth fun??

I have no idea, but it should be changed. I doubt it's high on the priority list either way. There are bound to be lots of problems with the new system. Patience is important at this time.

RICHinNC:
is it going to be left that an opened envelope means its unread...or is it going to be changed? Isnt birth fun??

It's not going to be reversed, if that is what you are asking. They may be twiched to different icons, but they aren't going to be reversed.. Not on my watch. It makes sense to me. [and reversing them would confuse everyone that uses v-bulletin out-of-the-box anywhere else.

Black is white, yes means no and opened means unopened. It's a minor point, I look at bold vs normal instead of the backward icon anyway.

Anything else is not logical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom