Open Water Certifications in Miami / Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funnyfarm299

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be in Fort Lauderdale from March 9th to March 16th, visiting on my spring break. I completed the SSI pool sessions and classroom sessions through my college, but their open water trip isn't until April, and I want to dive now (I think I've already caught the bug!).

I've seen plenty of dive shops offering referral dives, but I will be coming down on a Saturday night, so I can't do any weekend trips. Does anyone know any shops/instructors that do certs during the week? If not, I can try to arrange to come down on a different day.

I might be willing to travel all the way down to Key Largo if anyone does a weekday certification. Thanks for any advice you guys have?

Guys? I don't have the answer to this since I forget who is SSI down here and I'm assuming the OP wants to finish his cert with the same agency. But a quick search gives up
Undersea Sports and Diver's Direct in Ft Lauderdale & Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier.

just of the 3 i would give Conch & undersea a call at least. Conch Republic Divers
+1 (954) 564-8661 for undersea

Conch runs their own boats -- haven't been on them yet but haven't heard anything bad about them.

I've spoken with Undersea Sports and they seem like a great shop. Best of all, they do weekday certifications.

On another note, what would be a great "first dive" after I get my c-card?

1+ for Conch Republic. don't know anything about undersea sports.

I worked for UnderSeas Sports for a number of years and I've continued to recommend them. I've lost track of the "thank yous" I've gotten for recommending them.

Great first dive after certification would be the Keys, or Sea Experience out of Fort Lauderdale. I don't necessarily have a Keys favorite at this time but for Ft. Lauderdale, Sea Experience is always my #1.

or since he'll be in Ft Lauderdale -- can't get away without doing a shore dive in Lauderdale By the sea (Datura or Hibiscus)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom