Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No, it looks like crap to me

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes, I am a geek and want to see the gear used in the movie

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a sausage? Just wondering. And...would someone please tell me how it ends? You won't spoil it for me, but you might to warn other!

Thanks

Afraid_of_Fish:
People being left in the water has happened a few times. I'm happy to hear that it didn't make the sharks out to be the big-bag-nazi's of the sea. Were there any obviously stupid things they did? When I go to see this I am going to sit there and point out everything they do wrong lol just to prove how preventable it was.

Maybe this is my ignorance talking, but I don't think a strobe light will do much. It's 5am and I'm still awake, so excuse my, stupidness for lack of a better word, but those whistle things that are suppossed to be wicked loud -- get one of those, they're a better investment, IMHO. I need to get a sausage. My dad has one but as I don't always dive with him, I think I need one too.

<33 Jess

How does it end? I am reading that the ending was stupid. Please share. It won't ruin the movie for me but you might want to warn others. Thanks

ms tomato:
What a sausage? Just wondering. And...would someone please tell me how it ends? You won't spoil it for me, but you might to warn other!

Thanks

It ends like all movies end....with the credits rolling.

Just saw "Open Water." Acting was pretty poor, not nearly as suspenseful as many of the reviewers seem to think (outside of a couple scenes), story about leaving the couple behind was weak... Disappointing... Anyone else see it yet?

ms tomato:

Thanks

do you mean "what's a sausage?" it's a plastic, inflatable
device, about 4-6 feet long, which you use to signal
the boat. think of holding a long plastic pipe, except that
it's inflatable.

as for how the movie ends... warning... SPOILER.

SPOILER

DON"T READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU DON"T WANT TO
KNOW HOW THE MOVIE ENDS:

eid htob yeht

Saw it with a group of friends last night, one other scuba diver, none were impressed with the movie. It wasn't that scary and there wasn't a lot of character development. Not a lot of underwater pre-abandoment scuba scenery either. When the movie was over, one member of the sparse audience yelled out (it was about 11:30 pm) "that sucked, refund!" Everyone sort of laughed. If this had been showing at some type of artsy movie house it wouldn't have been as disappointing. But to put this movie in major theaters may be a mistake, overhyped. Won't give away the ending, but it left most flat.

Wait for a rental for this one.

This movie sucked like a $5.00 reg at 250' through a mile of hose!

I sat in my seat and in the very early part of the movie the female (can not use the term actress) is in bed nude and I think with my guy brain "Hey, This may not be a bad movie." it got worse from there... much much much worse.

The "acting" is terrible. at first I thought this was done on purpose to give the movie a certian look. The film is shot with a very bouncy videocamera effect much like "Blair Witch" which I thought was a look they where going for. Now I think that someone just got the $1 million for a movie, cashed the check made the movie and kept the other 998,000 for themselves.

Clerks was shot better than this POS. I can not think of a movie that I'd rank lower than this. Even attack of the killer tomatoes and the entire Mothra series has more appeal because it is obviously cheap and so much so they are comical.

This piece of sea cumcumber dung can not even make the "it is so bad that it is funny" list. It is worse than HOUSE 2!

Do not go to see this .. and if you go anyway against my advice do not take anything that could be fashioned into a tool to pull your eyes out because the temptation to do so will be too overwhelming to resist.

Yuck yuck yuck :l: :sick:

Wish I had seen this critique first before wasting two hours of my life. Yuck.

Orlando Eric:
Clerks was shot better than this POS.

Man, I was ready to accept your review at face value until this line...but if you slam the genius of Kevin Smith I just don't see how I can trust the rest of the review :D...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom