Open Letter to SCUBABOARD Members

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoya97

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have been a semi-active participant on SCUBABOARD for well over a year now, but it was only this past weekend that I actually got the opportunity to dive with other SCUBABOARD members on a group dive out of Jupiter, Florida.

If there is anyone out there in cyberspace that would like to dive with a group of fun, considerate and very competent divers, I would wholeheartedly recommend the folks I had the pleasure of diving with last Saturday. I can understand how someone, especially from out-of-state, may be apprehensive in meeting someone here on the ‘board’ to dive with in a completely unfamiliar environment. But you can be assured that these folks are really great and a fun, safe group to dive with. They aren’t egotistical but are extremely proficient - I’d dive with them again anytime!

Baitedstorm and Murphdiver – Great folks, know how to organize a dive while having fun at the same time. Made me feel part of the group five minutes after meeting them for the first time! Wonderful tacos and I will STEAL the Stuffed Jalapeño recipe!

KBeck and Marvel – Wonderful conversations and classy people! I seriously enjoyed meeting them both. Know the area really well and are always looking for an excuse to dive.

OrlandoEric – the least said about him, the better! Hee Hee Hee. Imagine Tigger on amphetamines! The only guy I know that can make a cup of coffee nervous! His experience underwater is immediately evident. A ball of energy on the surface, awesome skills underwater. Super!

Although I can’t list the rest of the folks on the boat, rest assured that without exception, they all possessed a serious ‘Can Do’ attitude and were a joy to spend the day with.

Guess I’ve said enough, and no, they aren’t paying me for this note. It’s just that with so many people visiting our fine state, I thought it would be nice to pass along my experiences. I would recommend anyone I dove with last Saturday without exception!

To those who were on the boat, thanks for a great time! I really did have a blast!

Warmest Regards and Thanks for the great memories,

Lee

Man, we're all collectively blushing!!!

I have to agree with you; the past year or so we have slowly grown from a bunch of divers who show up at the same time on the same boat/beach to a family. I've said before it's not always just about the dive, it's about the friendships and fun that go a long way to making great memories!
I'm sorry I didn't have the chance to chat with you more the other night as well; that many people in a room gets a little crazy.
As always, thanks to Eric for organizing the dives and Vickie and Darrell for hosting all of us nutcases!

Sounds like great diving and great times. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there. With you guys in spirit, though, whether diving or just getting together.

Lee, you summed it up as well as anybody ever has. This is a really great group of folks.

-G

Lee, you did sum it up very well. It was a pleasure meeting you, and I will second the opinion that this is a fine group of folks, as divers and as friends.

I agree completely with what you say Lee, i think we all feel the same in our little group of Conch divers. It has even got to the point where we all stay at each others' houses to make these dives - you cant get any more family than 10 people sharing a house (with only one or two bathrooms!) :wink:

Its always a pleasure to meet up with these folks, i just wish they dove more in the winter :wink:

WE do dive in the winter...just not on your schedule:D

Lee,
Now you know how much fun you missed when everyone (except for a few) who bailed out of the 3 tank dive with Diving Solutions and the remaining portion of the group ended up doing a one tanker at Blue Springs. We had a BLAST.
I did pass on to Scuba_Kat11 (my 13 yr old daughter) your description of Eric, and she agreed. It perfectly described him.
Yes! You also did a great job describing the Conch's... My first Conch dive was in Marvel's back yard. It was organized by Grier, and the first person I met... because we were both lost... was BaitedStorm. What a great group to dive with.

Al

I'm so proud of all the Conchers! This attitude and open armed acceptance of new divers to join in with us is what got me hooked with the gang and keeps inspiring me to organize dives! It was a pleasure to meet you and chatter over tacos and japaleno's. :)

your house?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom