Open heel fin Ques.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I won't be wearing it in Lake Michigan.

I used to wear a ball cap between dives. Sometimes I'd have a long surface swim or I'd forget to put it on immediately after a dive. The result for the bald guy - a sunburned head. Ouch!

Now, in warm water I wear a Dee-rag. This allows me to put it on in the morning and forget about it. It stays on during dives, between dives - all the time. A forgetful guy like me avoids a sunburned head. I've been wearing them since June of '99 when Da Beast (Dee's husband) gave me my first one. I've been sold on their value since.

I hate walking to the platform on a rocking dive boat with fins on. The keepers let me hang them off a D ring and slip them on in the water with no hassles.

I like the idea of this do rag you speak of...this could very well come in handy in resolving the problem of how to keep long hair out of the way while diving... I believe this is a separte thread in the women only section located here....http://www.scubaboard.com/t25026/s.html

is do rag another name for beanie??

No. A beanie is a small hood that covers the head, but not the neck. It offers thermal protection. Do rags are commonly worn by bikers. They look like a bandana tied in the head, but are designed to actually fit you head and work much better than a bandana. Dee rags are do rags made by Dee. Dee rags were mentioned in that thread as one way to manage your hair.

Walking with fins on causes flat places where your face used to be.

The straps seem to serve the same purpose as the keepers. You're gonna have to show me in July when we meet in Milwaukee.

Walter once bubbled...

Walking with fins on causes flat places where your face used to be.

There's supposed to be a "Coke Alert" on posts like that :D
Ber :bunny:

Sorry darlin',

It's just one of the many sayings we used when I worked on the boat. I also use them in class. They help people remember.

I want to hear more of these sayings! Make sure you make the post subject "Coke alert," don't want to ruin any monitors!
Ber :bunny:

I don't have a list, I remember them when the subject comes up. I'll try to think of some.

One we used when divers didn't swim into the current and came up behind the boat - Ya gotta be tough if you're gonna be stupid.

If they couldn't make the swim, I was the one who had to be tough and go get them. You'd think that one would make people angry, but most folks liked it. We even put it on t-shirts and bumper stickers.

I was under the impression that boot fins (not sure if that is what they are called) were meant for snorkeling. Have I been mislead?:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom