Open heel fin Ques.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter once bubbled...
As usual, Ber is correct. I'm not so picky. Sometimes I have one on each wrist, but usually have both on one.

I just take my fins off funny (right hand removes right fin) so one per wrist works best for me. I put my heel to my butt and hook my thumb under the strap then roll my wrist as I pull the fin off and the strap goes from my thumb up onto my wrist. Many people aren't flexible enough to do that comfortably :) I teach my students to use the "figure 4" position to remove their fins because it's easier to remove your right fin with your left hand, etc.

Aquababe
You're welcome :) Have fun getting the fins wet!
Ber :bunny:

You guys are GREAT! and to think I was shy about posting...
Thank you to all for your tips and wisdom! I decided I am going to bring my open heel fins w/ me.. I am sort of attached to them. I should wear my bootie or purchase a sock of sorts since the foot area is quite roomy and I will certainly rub off some skin if I don't compensate for the room.

I will however be a fashion emergency w/ the my shortie wetsuit and my ankle booties... I know that diving is not about fashion but honestly.. No need to tell me, I know I am a :princess:

I wore my boot (tough Urethane soles) and used my Biofins in Hawaii and the Cook Islands. It was nice on shore dives. No worries about rocky entries and gashing my feet up.

John

An oxymoron if ever I've heard one. Don't worry about the outfit too much, you'll see people in funnier outfits than you. Be on the lookout for the beanie, for starters.

There are more than a few people on here who live and die by Rule #6, but you can ignore them :p

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom