Oops too many regulators (is that a thing?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mward

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got certified a couple of months ago. My wife and I live on a boat in the winter so renting doesn't really work since we're out and about and wanting to dive off of it so I have been acquiring things. So far I have a DGX D6 reg and a Zeagle Express Tech bcd, computer, fins etc. I scored a couple of LP85 tanks for $30 each, and the same guy texted me a couple of weeks later asking if I wanted the regs that went with it. $75 each for Aqualung Titan 1st , Titan LX 2nd and ABS octo, ancient suunto favor computer in the console. So I bought them because why not but now I'm wondering if that was a wise choice. They need both need a rebuild at $40 x6 and I likely won't use them. Loaners? Spares? Build a long-hose rig for cleaning the bottom of the boat?

I know people will say "service them yourself" but, while I'm capable of learning that, still not sure what to do with them.

Anyhow, I'm new around here. Been lurking for a long time but finally have a question that needs an answer I can't find by searching.

Soon with a compressor and more tanks you'll be able to remove some weight from your keel and sell the lead

The AL Titan is the successor to the legendary Conshelf series [internally it is a Connie]. You've done well in picking one up for your boat's dive gear. BTW if your IP is stable you can go decades without a rebuild.

USdiver1: that is good to know. I will pick up an ip pressure gauge. happy-diver: I'm not sure where I would put a compressor, but it's on the list.

It is better to have one good set of regulators and equipment than an assortment of questionalbe stuff just because it was free or cheap. On the other hand ----- :eyebrow:.

The Titan LX is a good regulator and should be serviceable as long as the second stage purge cover and housing are in good shape. The first stage is serviceable, the internals are no different than current product minus the ACD.

Consoles are landfill fodder.

Nemrod, other than dust these things look barely used. The consoles are beat up but the regs are pretty much spotless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom