OOA + Gear Failure in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eh, we're way off topic now I guess

DivingPrincessE:

Oral herpes is a cold sore, many people have had them

I'm happy to say I haven't gotten or received genital herpes

So, let's not donate air to our buddies or give CPR to anyone?

Like I said earlier, please don't do Rescue, and I'll add to that now don't be my buddy either, thanks

I guess you missed the part where I said that in life or death situations (OOA, CPR, etc) it's well worth the risk of illness and germs. Checking your insta-buddy's reg on the surface after you JUST saw him/her check it isn't really worth the risk of getting sick. It's a fairly simple concept. :idk:

I know the thread has moved back on topic, so apologies for this...

But I hope you're not planning to do a Rescue course

No apology needed. I already did my Rescue course. And within the past two weeks, I have shared a regulator with three or four divers whom I did not know.

But hey, I'm a doctor, and we don't follow our own rules. :no:

Seriously, it is harder to get infected than most people think. I was just saying that the issue is worth thinking about. Inserting someone else's mouthpiece underwater is probably different than at the surface. In theory, the other person's saliva gets washed out underwater before you stick the thing in your own mouth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom