online shopping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't Adorama the photo leg of Leisure Pro? The physical address is the same... 42 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011

Might be a good idea to double check their warranty policies.

Dee:
Isn't Adorama the photo leg of Leisure Pro? The physical address is the same... 42 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011

Might be a good idea to double check their warranty policies.

My wife's ikelite strobe got flooded (from adorama). We sent it in to ikelite and they fixed it no problem, no charge... They said it had a defect. They didn't even care where or when I bought it.

howarde:
My wife's ikelite strobe got flooded (from adorama). We sent it in to ikelite and they fixed it no problem, no charge... They said it had a defect. They didn't even care where or when I bought it.

That's typical of Ikelite. Did you contact Adorama about it? Wonder what they would have said.

Dee:
That's typical of Ikelite. Did you contact Adorama about it? Wonder what they would have said.

Called Ike directly. They were great.

I don't think there's much of a grey market for ikelite. It just seems typical of a volume seller to get prices well below other small store's wholesale prices.

I mean - Even with my stores, we often get 10-20% below wholesale from many of our vendors, because of the volume of product we buy. It's not surprising to me that adorama sells the ikelite products at or below the cost for other small camera stores. I used to work @ a camera store years ago, and the profit margins in cameras are RAZOR THIN. Like 20% margins only. So something that costs the store $200 might retail for $240. (not my kind of profit margin)

SO - to online camera / uw housing shoppers... I would say that you're pretty safe purchasing these products on line, if you KNOW EXACTLY what you're looking for. It's not like buying a ScubaPro Reg online, and finding out that they won't sevice your reg, because it is grey market. MOST of these types of products are available worldwide, and most of the manufacturers don't restrict the prices... So shop around, and hunt for bargains.

Happy Holidays.

Back
Top Bottom