Oniel ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
New to diving , keep hereing good things about Henderson suits. Came across Oniel suits in a shop, hadn't heard of them til then. Can anybody tell me anything about them.

Oneil makes great suits. I would consider one if i wasnt diving a drysuit. Also look into Bodyglove, they are hgh quality too.

Henderson, bodyglove, Oneil are mostly what you see in the average shop in Southern California.

Andy

I've used O'neil suits for years, first for surfing and now for diving. Great suits, well made and every one I've had has lasted for years. The one I have now for diving is old and faded but still provides a lot of thermal protection. If I was buying a new wet suit (I don't have to anymore since I'm now dry:) ) I would buy an O'Neil in a heartbeat.

Scott

My 3 mm O'Neill compressed down to nothing very quickly, no thermal protection and almost no buoyancy left. Also, the seams are flat-lock sewn instead of glued and blind stitched. I do not intend to buy another O'Neill.

Ralph

First off... I don't take advice from people who say they own a product and can't even spell the name properly. It's O'Neill

Secondly... I don't take advice from people who get called on for spelling the name wrong of a product they supposedly own and then go back and change it....

HUMMMM??? What's up RCOHN???? I think yer full of banana's

http://www.oneill.com

They make KILLER suits. I just got this years 7000x with the integrated hood. (had the same for last years but have uhhh put on a "FEW" pounds)

They INVENTED THE NEOPRENE WETSUIT... take that for whatever it's worth to you....

They make highend and lowerend stuff and are available with more options that any other suit maker I know of.

They have what is called "Flatloc" which is indeed an overlapping flat-stitched seam. This is used mostly for TROPICAL condition suits.

They ALSO HAVE what is called "Flexloc" which is one of the best damn glued and bind-stitched seams out there. If a thread does break, it will not unravel... PERIOD... good stuff man.. good stuff.

I could go ON and ON and ON about the product ( I do lots of research)

For the money,,,, not much better....

I do really also like Henderson suits... high quality...

Fit is very important... narrow it down to the top three suits you like the features of.. then try them on... go with what feels the best man..

GOOD LUCK :D

Ohhh yeah... they make a pretty darn good drysuit there as well

it's a 7mm... also called the 7000x

I have a 3 mil and a drysuit from O'Neill. The 3 mil is 8 years old and though faded and holy and a bit threadbare, still serviceable and I still dive it. The drysuit is 6 years old and has no leaks - I have had to do some minor repair on the wrist and neck seals. I dive it all winter, and all year in the caves.
I believe O'Neill suits are excellent quality; their drysuit is in my opinion the best value on the market today.
Rick

Gee, Sorry Wheezy, I left out an L so I guess my opinion is worthless.

Scott

well, not that it's completely worthless, but I'd think if you owned a product and saw it every time you dove you'd know how to spell it. My comment was not for you, but whatever.

Just like I wouldn't drive a Chevi truck because they suck. Chevi's wear out fast, I wouldn't buy a Chevi.

the key here is "Credibility"

Just my opinion... and you know what they say about those :D

i'm new to diving.

I went out and bought the 7000x o'neill Avalon which comes with a hood attached.

Very comfortable and ive got a good friend who's been diving

with o'neill for many years. I've heard alot of great things about

them.

Can't wait to do my owc with it.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom