O'Neill wetsuits - opinions? Experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I note that they don't have an entry under the Manufacturers' Forum ... :confused:

I know many people who wear O'Neill suits, and I've rented a few myself, but they've always been surfing or skin-diving suits. I would recommend one of their suits for either of these purposes. Not sure about their heavier suits for diving, though.

I recently bought a shorty for warm water diving.
O'Neill is one of the few manufacturers of shorties that have sizes for tall people. It fits perfect.
Dont know how it is to dive with yet.

I believe they are designed more for surfing then diving. The difference being the type of neoprene. I could be wrong though.

that being said, I often use a 3/2 made by xcel which was designed for surfing and love it.

The O'Neils we've used here for cold water were absolutely amazing. Just as good as any semi-dry and super warm for 46 degree water. The stretch on them was awesome. A very good alternative to a dry suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 3/2 mm surfing suit (used for diving) and a 5 mm diving wetsuit - both excellent quality, great seals, very stretchable, with positive, heavy duty zips. Had them for years and can't fault them. The only thing I've noticed with the surfing suit is that fuzz balls have developed in areas of heavy friction with the BCD but this has not affected its performance.

The O'Neils we've used here for cold water were absolutely amazing. Just as good as any semi-dry and super warm for 46 degree water. The stretch on them was awesome. A very good alternative to a dry suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And where is "here?"

Back
Top Bottom