O'Neill 7000x Neoprene Drysuit Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funkyspelunker:
I've done about 40 dives on my O'Neill 7000x 7mm drysuit now, and I just wrote a review about my experience. If you're in the market for an affordable neoprene suit with neoprene seals then this might be the one for you.

Check it out Here.

I used an ONeill (not the 7000x) for a few years and was pleased with it despite it NOT being "DIR". :wink: As you said, they swim like a dream, keep you warm and do not trap air in any one place.

I did not have any problems with the valve except for the time I did not sufficiently tighten it and at depth it became loose. That was baaaaad.

Regretably the zipper eventually became damaged and due to the age and condition of the suit I opted to by a new suit which was a shell design.

funkyspelunker:
Which shell suit did you end up going with and what differences do you notice both positive and negative compared to your O'Neill?

I have a Viking Extreme and a White's Aqua-something-or-other (that I bought used).

The Viking is a rugged suit with which I have no complaints. Neither do I have complaints regarding the White's.

Here is my +/- list

+ for neoprene:

swims better because it is usually a bit more form fitting.
stretches a bit.
has insulative value even if it leaks a bit

- for neoprene

ries more slowly and is a wicked refrigerator as it does

+ for shell

dries fast
i find it a bit more durable for some of the diving that I do
easier to rinse off

- for shell

no stretch
no insulative ability

So, like with a bunch of other things you need to weigh the positive/negative and decide what best meets YOUR dive needs

I'm honored to have been the impetus for your 1111th post! The Viking suits look very nice and rugged. I think I'm going to go with a DUI once I take the plunge and buy a shell suit. They're known for great suits even if a bit over priced.

Hi. Thank you for your post. I was quite surprised with your comments regarding the sitech exhaust valve. I am just waiting for my TLS350 suit which I ordered with sitech valves. I was told and it was always highly recommended to me to get the sitech instead of the apeks because the sitech did let the air flow out of the suit quite easily.

funkyspelunker:
I've done about 40 dives on my O'Neill 7000x 7mm drysuit now, and I just wrote a review about my experience. If you're in the market for an affordable neoprene suit with neoprene seals then this might be the one for you.

Check it out Here.

Back
Top Bottom