One-hand or two-hand valve drills (back mount doubles)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All this just seems to point to forking over the $17 and putting Vindicator knobs, that visually show open/close state, on your isolator valves.

For all the talk about 'human factors', I don't know why these things aren't standard across the industry. Standard valves are a terrible design for humans, being unable to tell their state visually. No matter how many times they say "be really really sure about your valve states", people get distracted and make mistakes. It's almost guaranteed given their design.

The Vindicator (or XS Scuba version) adds probably dozens of points where 'closed valve' can be caught and corrected. Pre-filling, pre-analyzing, during setup, pre-jumping in, while jumping in, etc. Big red stop sign right on top of your cylinders for everyone to see.

(I do not own stock in Vindicator Inc, but I wish I did given how many I've bought.)
What are you going to do when you borrow a set or travel somewhere where they are not standard?

Better to match your procedures and skills to the task (filling valve checks, predive valve checks, valve checks at the tie in etc) vs. relying on equipment that is most likely to be borrowed or rented and not the same.

What are you going to do when you borrow a set or travel somewhere where they are not standard?

Better to match your procedures and skills to the task (filling valve checks, predive valve checks, valve checks at the tie in etc) vs. relying on equipment that is most likely to be borrowed or rented and not the same.
They’re certainly not required, and shouldn’t be the primary procedure but they are a good compensating corrective control, being able to glance at your teams valves and see their position is nice.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom