One down, three to Go Canucks Go!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thought folks here would want to re-open this thread.

Anyone??? Anyone????

I thought it was a great final series with the only difference being perhaps more stability in the net for Boston and more reliance on the team instead of a few stars. But, even saying that I can't knock Vancouver. It was plain to see that everyone was playing their guts out and wanted to win. What more can one ask for.
Congratulations Boston! Thank you Vancouver!
In my house it came down to whether one watched to enjoy the process (in which case it was an incredible success) or for the momentary elation of being able to say "We're the champs" (in which case it was a disapointing failure). To me, living by the second is a recipe for unhappiness and probably the root cause for those idiot rioters last night, most of which probably didn't even really care about hockey anyways. They were just looking for an excuse to get drunk and hoping to ride the coat tails of the players hard work so they could brag "We won the cup".
In reality we all just got to watch. They (the players) got to win or lose the cup).

The rioting last night was an embarrassment but I don't own it. Like the cup, it belongs to the participants really.
Personally, after the game, I went out and played badminton with my wife and kids and had a lot of fun.

Not so much from the west, but I am of the opinion that to make it to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals says a LOT about a team. I am very used to disappointment (being a Leaf fan after all) so last night did not have much of an impact on me. I was however, rooting for the Canucks. It would have been nice to "keep" the cup in Canada after the game and for them to finally win one. But, Boston had it more together. It's life. Both teams did incredible to make it that far.

As for the riots.......there are asses everywhere just looking to cause chaos. I heard clips on the radio of people claiming to only be in the streets to cause problems when the game was over. Just ridiculous but Canada does have a bit of a History of riots by now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom