One dive day in Bali: Where would you take it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oira79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are going to Raja Ampat in December on a 10-day liveaboard (Dewi Nusantara), and we have a week in Bali beforehand. We mainly want to do topside stuff in Bali because the liveaboard should be sufficient dive adventure. But we might want to take a day of diving just so we don't miss Bali underwater entirely.

If you did only one day of diving in Bali, where would you do it?

Lembongan. In one day ideally id dive SD as a drift dive site, Manta Point and Crystal Bay :) Enjoy RA

Well for me, that would depend on where you'd be going afterwards, I'd be looking for a change from Raja Ampat aboard the Dewi Nusantara.

Therefore, I am not sure Manta rays spotting would improve anything to your Raja Ampat experience, since you may see those in numbers at Manta sandy or manta ridge.

Probably I'd either choose between Tulamben for a colorful wreck, something you won't find elsewhere, or a muck dive around Seraya that would be more typical to Lembeh than Raja Ampat.
I believe Padang Bai could also fit your needs with MolaMola+ shark opportunities and macro on the side.

In conclusion either one day in Tulamben or one day around Padang Bai could be an interesting change from what you'll be diving in Raja Ampat.

+1 for Tulamben. Agree with Luko for Penida not offering much else to what you can fin in R4.
You also need to factor in where you'll be staying in Bali. If you stay in Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Sanur et al, diving Tulamben can be a long road trip. Plan for 4-5hrs car ride in one day.

I would go to Tulamben and dive the Liberty! It is a beautiful drive and you will see some awesome sights. We went up and dove in Tulamben after getting off of the Dewi Nusantara last September. You will LOVE that trip! AMAZING boat and crew! Have a great time!

Its actually a long day trip to Tulamben for just 2 dives. The return journey is 5 hrs plus. Plus if you are going in december its wet season with strong possibility of low visibility and there could be waves on the rocky shore entry. But as Jake11 says its a great place to dive but in the right season and worth staying a week just to check out all the other sites nearby beyond the wreck. For Penida its outside Mola season and again rainy season variables apply. It could be worth a gamble but Id personally just relax or see sights for the day.

I'd do the dives along Padang Bai coastline, or Tepekong/Mimpang in Amuk Bay

Thresher shark indeed!
As stated by Divewench, Padang Bai or Mimpang Tepekong can be great options. Not too far from the South and great dive sites. What are you looking for? Macro, sharks, turtles, coral reefs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom