One day trip dive recommendations??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kammel78

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'll be visiting Asia for business in November and wanted to plan a stop over in the Philippines and get in a day or tow of diving and light sightseeing.

Any dive recommendations for being able to make the most of a day or two there? From a little research, it looks like Manila and Cebu are fairly easy to get decent flights in and out of, but are either of those convenient to good dive locations?

Not looking for any technical dives, my work associate who's traveling with me is an infrequent diver, so I'm just looking for dives within rec limits.

Any other advice is greatly appreciated!

-Travis

Anilao. Easy dives, great variety. Close to manilla. Best place for macro un thé Philippines.

Flight to Manila is more frequent than Cebu and probably cheaper as well.
The Corregidor Tour(defense of Manila in WWII) is highly recommended.
Anilao or Subic Bay(wreck of USS New York) is accessible from Manila but expect to pay min of US$100.00 for one way private transfer. Add another hr on ferry journey and $50.00 if select PG.
In Cebu you can stay at Mactan Island which is where the airport is situated. Moalboal is 2hrs away by car. Alona Beach(Bohol) is 3hrs by ferry + short road trip.

Come and see us at Marco Vincent dive resort, we are based on White Beach, Puerto Galera. One of the best day trips is a visit to Verde Island, we would be very happy to take you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom