On its way...couple of ?'s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well I heard from Mike at diverightinscuba, all I can say is Mike is fantastic at his job and I am very satisfied with the attention to detail and great follow up. So the suit is on it's way and should be here by the end of the week with any kind of luck.

I went with the Tech skin and the MK2 undergarments with the thought that I could always add more layers which is easier than if it is too warm with the MK3. With this in mind what is typically worn under the undergarments? I was thinking of something like and underarmor to wick away any sweat and keep it away from my skin but I am interested in hearing what others wear.

My first dives will be in a pool which stinks but you have to do what you have to do. With the pool likely to be pretty warm I could use some recommendations on what I should go with.

Any other advise would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

...With this in mind what is typically worn under the undergarments?

I wear nothing but boxer/briefs. No t-shirt or long johns. On occasion I will wear a Carol Davis jumpsuit, but that's it.

I also have 4 or 5 sets of drysuit underwear to cope with differing temperatures and seasons.

I wear nothing but boxer/briefs.
Darn, that means I will have to go out and buy underwear. :mooner: :rofl3:

Thanks for the help.

Well I heard from Mike at diverightinscuba, all I can say is Mike is fantastic at his job and I am very satisfied with the attention to detail and great follow up. So the suit is on it's way and should be here by the end of the week with any kind of luck.

I went with the Tech skin and the MK2 undergarments with the thought that I could always add more layers which is easier than if it is too warm with the MK3. With this in mind what is typically worn under the undergarments? I was thinking of something like and underarmor to wick away any sweat and keep it away from my skin but I am interested in hearing what others wear.

My first dives will be in a pool which stinks but you have to do what you have to do. With the pool likely to be pretty warm I could use some recommendations on what I should go with.

Any other advise would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

You could use UnderArmor cold gear.

You could use the Under Armor for layering on regualar dives and maybe go with just the UnderArmor cold gear in the pool.

Thanks for the input. I thought the underarmor would work pretty good at this. My daughter uses it for outdoor sports in the spring when temps are still pretty cold and it keeps her fairly warm with very little else for protection and I like the way it draws any moisture away from the body. The cold gear works in reverse also and will keep a person cool if you get a little over heated.

Regards

Ditto on the nod for Under Armour cold gear. I use it as a base layer with various weights of drysuit underwear or alone in much warmer water. Versatile, durable and comfy!

Thanks for the input. I thought the under armor would work pretty good at this. My daughter uses it for outdoor sports in the spring when temps are still pretty cold and it keeps her fairly warm with very little else for protection and I like the way it draws any moisture away from the body. The cold gear works in reverse also and will keep a person cool if you get a little over heated.

Regards

Actually I live in a cold climate like you and Cold Gear is only sold in the winter months. Under Armor Heat Gear is sold for use in the warmer months.

Actually I live in a cold climate like you and Cold Gear is only sold in the winter months. Under Armor Heat Gear is sold for use in the warmer months.
Thats true. I better get down to the sports store pretty soon. I know Dick's sporting goods usually keeps it around at least until after softball/baseball season up here.

Thanks

I have the Fusion (Not with Tech Skin) and I used the MK2 with 2 layers of Poly Pro long underware under the MK2 for dives in the low 40's for about 45 min and was completely toasty. I considered dropping down to one layer of Poly Pros but did not want to take the chance of freezing my but off. I think that one layer probably would have been fine just a little colder. As a base layer I wore a dryfit t-shirt and some dryfit long pants for running. Both of which I got from walmart for about $7 each. They work great. By teh way the Poly Pros that I was using were just like these. Great price. I also bought a set of military surplus from Uncle Sams for about the same price.

Have fun with the new suit, I am sure you will love it...

Phil

Phil,

Thats great info. Thanks for sharing. I can not wait to get the suit. In the mean time I can pick up the base layer.

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom