On-island trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tried tacotales last night….closed. Walked over to La Choza….packed and a waiting list….walked over to El Foco,….open….this place is becoming my fav in town….Williams a few doors down is as local as it gets….

Green water was a first for me here in Coz. Due to the recent rains still draining from the island combined with NO current today!

Enjoy your stay.

ahhh....love the sunset view pic. Thanks for a glimpse from the island I miss....

What are you seeing for water temps? Will be there Friday.
From Cristi's sticky at the top of this forum:
===============================
What is the water temp in Cozumel?

The YEAR ROUND water temperature in Cozumel is consistently in the 78 – 84+/- range.

December - Feb: 78 - 80 +/-
March - May: 80 - 82 +/-
May - September: 82 - 84 +/- (occasionally can get in the 85/86 range...all computer variable anyway)
October - November: 80 – 82
================================

The "&#8211" is what the software did to her degree symbol. At least that is the way it looks on my Mac.

question about your divemaster Arturo, was he previously with blue xtsea? Been trying to find out where he ended up. Always loved diving with him. He was my first divemaster from back in early 2000's.

81-
What are you seeing for water temps? Will be there Friday.
80-81 consistently.

@PACKRMAN I think about 80, but haven't checked.

@cajuncathlab1656 I'll ask. He's fairly young - maybe 27 yrs old. I thought he said he was with Dive with Martin recently? I'm not 100% sure.

Got up at 5:30, went for a walk/run, snooped around the N Marina. Even at that time, all the boat guys are like "buenas dias, amigo". Unreal. So friendly.

Good dives today - Wind from the south, so choppy waves. Palancar Caves (very busy - ran into 3 or 4 other groups of divers.) Got to see an eagle ray feeding up close. He was really going to town in the sand and we were 8' away watching.

Santa Rosa wall after our SI. REALLY nice. Zen like diving. Moderate current. Really enjoyed the swim throughs where you exit into the wall and see the deep blue! Eagle rays, sting rays, flounder, turtle, etc.

Back to the condo, Corona with lime, shredded chicken tacos with guacamole (my wife did a great job) served pool-side. Nap in the breeze by the pool, snorkel with my daughter (saw an Eagle ray 50' from the condo!). Current was ripping! Cleaned up, dinner at El Moro.

REALLY nice dinner. Everyone is in such a great mood there. Chicken Yucatan, grouper with butter/garlic, Shrimp on a wire, Grouper Veracruz, Cuban steak, plus fried Plantains. All were EXCELLENT. Strong margaritas. Best dinner yet.

Heading off to sleep now.

coz3 - 1.jpeg

@cajuncathlab1656 I'll ask. He's fairly young - maybe 27 yrs old. I thought he said he was with Dive with Martin recently? I'm not 100% sure.

Nope that's not him. His full name is Arture Hernandes-Cortez i think. He should be about 50ish.

Thanks for the reports!

Thabks for the reports! Keep it coming!

REALLY nice dinner. Everyone is in such a great mood there. Chicken Yucatan, grouper with butter/garlic, Shrimp on a wire, Grouper Veracruz, Cuban steak, plus fried Plantains. All were EXCELLENT. Strong margaritas. Best dinner yet.

Where was this dinner? Seems like a place I'd like to try out!

Thabks for the reports! Keep it coming!

Where was this dinner? Seems like a place I'd like to try out!
El Moro
Run by Raymundo and family
use the search function for lots of posts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom