On being pinoy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i love adidas. brings really warm memories of the quality time with dad when i was young. i cant see it anywhere now...!

but but but... how come u never tried it? takes more guts to eat balut than chicken feet!

airsix:
As strange as it might sound this single silly sentence reminds me just how much I miss the Philippines.

...and there are so many other things the original post left out. Like where else in the world do you watch a basketball game while you eat your Adidas? (Okay, I never ate adidas, but I'd really love some balut right now.)

-Ben

Hi Jon & Maggie,
Pinoy ba ako? Sa puso lang. I lived in Quezon City for 6 months and then in Cagayan Province for a little more than a year and a half as an LDS missionary (huwag kayo'ng matakot!) It's hard to believe that it was 15 years ago. I don't feel old but I guess I'm getting there.

Things I love most about the Philippines:
A national language that is superbly organized and intuitive.
A national language that is the ideal platform for humor and creativity.
People who love to laugh and value friendship and family above all else.
The best fruit in the world.
The best seafood in the world.
Love-conquers-all Romance culture (sappy love songs, courtly love, fairytale love stories - I dig that sort of thing and I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit it.)
Beautiful scenery (although I never got to go diving)
Celebrations done right - always many friends gathered together for good food and fun. Holidays in the Philippines are awesome!

-Ben

airsix:
Things I love most about the Philippines:

People who love to laugh and value friendship and family above all else.
The best fruit in the world.
The best seafood in the world.
Love-conquers-all Romance culture (sappy love songs, courtly love, fairytale love stories - I dig that sort of thing and I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit it.)
Beautiful scenery (although I never got to go diving)
Celebrations done right - always many friends gathered together for good food and fun. Holidays in the Philippines are awesome!

-Ben

the Filipino culture is probably one of the most misunderstood culture in the world. most foreign forces think they know it quite well after few visits, but its not always true!

true, ben, holidays in PI are always awesome. :). ..now throw in a visual of the PPD dancing in the tune of "jumbo hotdogs". that's awesome raised to level 10!

those videos are freakin hilarious, does anyone know is it something they do for pr purposes? do they get extra privlidges? anyone have anymore info about this???

I cant quit laughing.

rexman24:
those videos are freakin hilarious, does anyone know is it something they do for pr purposes? do they get extra privlidges? anyone have anymore info about this???

I cant quit laughing.

no, no privileges. that is one of the many ideas of pinoy fun.

so it sounds like the dancing itself is the privilege, must be unique cause I dont think you would ever see this in an American lockup.

I have to say salute for to the PI inmates for entertaining me and us!

and you still coming over in november, mike?

this chick scares me...

nastyprisoner.jpg

not that simon or mikey have anything against the outfit... they probably like the shade of pink...

Jag

rexman24:

I cant quit laughing.

well, it seems like they at least got fresh uniforms from the exercise. they appear to be the most well dressed prisoners in whole Philippine penal system (excluding the VIP convicts of course).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom