OMS Wing and single Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP has an excellent suggestion. Go with something that was designed for single tank. If you never plan on diving a dual takn setup, then why buy the equipment for it. OMS makes some great gear, the quality is high end. However, for single tank rec diving, you will have serious overkill. A nice heavy SS backplate, either DiveRite, Halcyon, FredT, or OMS, will be more than enough. Couple that with an STA, and you will be able to remove a lot of weight from your belt. For wing selection, the Halcyon would be my personel preference, because it is designed for single takn diving, and you do not need the STA. Although, some of the smaller Dive Rite wings would work just fine.

Good luck on your quest to find a better BC.

I'd have to agree with Roakey, perhaps OMS's flaw in gear design is that they can just sell you an accessory to cover their lack of apparent design.

They seem to complicate what is normally a pretty simple design.... dual inflator hoses, bungee's, plastic buckles on their IQ wait belt of the harness.... how cheesy.... I know the argument of plastic buckles vs SS Scubapro buckles, but I think that some of their gear just lacks some well thought out design and quality.

Yet, they seem to be selling their gear at about the same price as the premium brand of wings and BP's.

Sure, it'd be nice to have ONE set of wings that works on singles and doubles - but I doubt thats an optimum practice.

Back
Top Bottom