OMS Vega Backup light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaGuy:
Does anyone know where one can purchase this new OMS backup light?

http://www.omsdive.com/lights.html

As a comparison, take a look at the Diamond backup light by Green Force, our latest version is 3 watts LED equivalent to 20 watts output and has a burn time of 9 hours total. www.mantaindustres.com (currently we are showing an older version, the new one will be up shortly) It is roughly the same size.

Thanks - Greg

I looked at the OMS light at a dive show and was about ready to order it but the batteries are not a standard flashlight battery, they cost like $12 -15 to replace them. They will last only 3-4 hours.

The light seemed to be very bright and well built, but the battery issue was a "turn-off".

What does the comparable Manta light cost and use for batteries?

dumpsterDiver:
I looked at the OMS light at a dive show and was about ready to order it but the batteries are not a standard flashlight battery, they cost like $12 -15 to replace them. They will last only 3-4 hours.

The light seemed to be very bright and well built, but the battery issue was a "turn-off".

What does the comparable Manta light cost and use for batteries?

DumpsterDiver,

Our light is $148.00 and it uses Lithium batteries, the replacement cost for the batteries is $3.00 each or a box of 12 (they have a shelf life of 10 years) for $35.00 that $2.90 each

thanks but that is too much for me ..for a lobster light

Hey guys new to the board,

I was at this bar with the Richine Kohler the other day and he invited the OMS Rep for all the military applications. He brought the OMS Vega to the bar with him to show it off and it was awesome. Bright as heck. He said the final production model was going to be a little bit brighter still. So far the battery life is only 3 hours and the battery price is definetly a turn off. The light he said will be going for around 100 dollars and will not be available for a few months. As far as i saw the light was very sturdy and tiny for the amount of light it produces. Great backup light, or even a primary light in high viz spots where you dont really need a light. There are still good lights out there that would make better back up lights (ie cheaper) but if you have the money this is still a great light. Im definetly gonna pick one up.
Sorry for the late post guys. Hope this helps.

Dave

This light look similar/same to me as the Dive Rite LED. If it is don't bother. It's a good idea but isn't designed well. The output varies as the batteries wiggle, it doesn't always turn off when the bezel is screwed all the way in. Mine has leaked as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom