BCD Threading on OMS Bladders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMS has gone rogue man, and they have their own thread to themselves

Most all wing threads are still the same, as the old OMS threads use to be

002.JPG

And you can take that to a branch of my bank dude

Hey imagine if there were a bank called the happy bank, well most of them already are

Thanks for that info.

The one thing I do know is that the Zeagle and the OMS were different than the Generic/Oceanic/Old ScubaPro tech line (from the late 90-00's) and DiveRite, and the Old sherwood. They all seemed similar thread pitch, but.

And DiveRite went through a couple different OEMs making some match the generic/Oceanic, and some matching the Old Sherwood. The thread pitch matched between the two, but the Sherwood, and a couple of DiveRite bladders had a cap sat differently which made it seem secure, but did not have enough thread engagement if you used the Sherwood style elbow on the generic/Oceanic bladder threading. But as you could completely replace the elbow mount as it was not integral to the bladder, you could make things work, by replacing the whole bladder

The Zeagle's /OMS big thing was not just the thread pitch, thread depth, screw down cap height and gasket size. It was also that the elbow could be non-keyed (giving it free rotation) though there were some with a keyed elbow.

As far as I have found and assuming the new OMS (post DUI acquisition) is its own unique thing I know these styles

1. Oceanic/Generic

2. Old Sherwood

3. Mares and Aqualung which shares thread pitch and can sometimes be insterchanged if you swap out the bladder nut on non-pull dump elbow, and depending on whether the Mares is the shallow elbow hole or the deep elbow hole.

4. TUSA

5. A bunch of random and variable Japanese designs

6. Old OMS/Zeagle, that used a bladder nut to seal the bladder to the outside fabric

7. OMS (post DUI), with the integral threading rather than the bladder nut pinching on the bladder directly

8. ScubaPros non-tech line, which has the two major revisions the left hand thread one with the fixed elbow, and the modern freely swiveling one with the integrated dump lever

And let me just say the newer OMS may not match, but not having bladder fail because the hole in the bladder where the bladder nut attached gradually stretch is a very good thing. I just need to buy a mess of OMS pull dump elbows, to have around.

Also box of corrugated hoses, box of inflators, random dump and elbows

Looks like home!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom