OMS Tribe strap attachment ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, I was very tempted but I really really don’t like my F1’s so I’ve held back.

Ah that's right, you mentioned that before.

Totally unrelated, hope they fix the website soon links, searches, email links etc don't work. Didn't figure it out until today, spent ages thinking it was my devices and trying all sorts of fixes,

Your messages and likes contain exactly same numbers, cool.

AD379C6C-5687-48D4-91B3-0914B62482AC.jpeg

Ok, finally an answer to how springs are attached to the OMS tribe, for those with ADHD short answer is it's jet fin style:

Spoke with Mark at DGX, with his permission here is the answer:

"What you are noticing is one of the differentiators between Dive Gear Express and most other online dive retailers. We use our own product photography in most cases. Most of the other sites use the factory stock photography, which often is not what you will actually get. Those original photos were from of product samples of the Hollis F1 fins that were shown at DEMA by OMS in a huge range of colors, most of which were never actually available in the US from DUI (the US distributor of OMS) and some of which were never even made at all. Ultimately what arrived in the US and we received was the product shown accurately in our own photography was this... (here is one of Lisa's raw photos)"

6AB39055-DD61-4299-B3AC-4943D646C2CD.png

Ok, finally an answer to how springs are attached to the OMS tribe, for those with ADHD short answer is it's jet fin style:

Spoke with Mark at DGX, with his permission here is the answer:

"What you are noticing is one of the differentiators between Dive Gear Express and most other online dive retailers. We use our own product photography in most cases. Most of the other sites use the factory stock photography, which often is not what you will actually get. Those original photos were from of product samples of the Hollis F1 fins that were shown at DEMA by OMS in a huge range of colors, most of which were never actually available in the US from DUI (the US distributor of OMS) and some of which were never even made at all. Ultimately what arrived in the US and we received was the product shown accurately in our own photography was this... (here is one of Lisa's raw photos)"

View attachment 680025
I like this style more than the original F1.

Back
Top Bottom