OMS single dive setup. What parts to get???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess if I wanted to jerk off in an underwater cave somewhere this would be the place to ask. Or taking super sweet macro pics of gobies with a $20k camera while diving Trimix 100fsw!

Oh for sh!t's sakes ... you're as bad-ass as they are. What did you guys do over the week-end ... eat your steaks raw or something?

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried breathing that AL40 to the surface from 200 feet?

How'd it work out for ya?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh for sh!t's sakes ... you're as bad-ass as they are. What did you guys do over the week-end ... eat your steaks raw or something?

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried breathing that AL40 to the surface from 200 feet?

How'd it work out for ya?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Bob,

You're not setting a very good example for AJ and I. :confused:

Bob,

You're not setting a very good example for AJ and I. :confused:

:rofl3:

touche ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

No need to get panties in a bunch. I just think the internet is funny. People actually get legitimately pissed off which amuses me to no end.

No need to get panties in a bunch. I just think the internet is funny. People actually get legitimately pissed off which amuses me to no end.

You are mistaken ... I'm not the least bit pissed. Since I don't know you, I really don't care how you dive.

You can breathe that AL40 on the Internet all you like ... but if you need it at 200 feet, it's unlikely to take you where you want to go without skipping whatever deco obligation you incurred on your way to getting there.

Hey, if a fish is worth the risk of a wheelchair, or wearing a diaper for the rest of your life, have fun ... glad you're so easily amused.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well, Speardoggin, I guess you've got it all figured out. No need for us weenie divers.

I guess I'll go have a garden salad and a wheat grass shake while reviewing my goby pics.

Well, Speardoggin, I guess you've got it all figured out. No need for us weenie divers.

I guess I'll go have a garden salad and a wheat grass shake while reviewing my goby pics.

little man, little fish :rofl3:

You are mistaken ... I'm not the least bit pissed. Since I don't know you, I really don't care how you dive.

You can breathe that AL40 on the Internet all you like ... but if you need it at 200 feet, it's unlikely to take you where you want to go without skipping whatever deco obligation you incurred on your way to getting there.

Hey, if a fish is worth the risk of a wheelchair, or wearing a diaper for the rest of your life, have fun ... glad you're so easily amused.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well apparently you guys are losing sleep over how I dive. I ask a question about ballasting a rig and all i get is grief. Not the least bit of help. BTW, i have gone from 200 to the surface with the 40 with plenty of air left over for the little bit of deco required for the dive as a test to see if it would be enough. I don't use as much air as most.

Here is some reality 101 for you. Your rig needs to be balanced, no more no less. You need to be able to swim your rig up from wahat ever your planned or anticipated depth is. Oversizing your wing just creates dragg and makes you look un-cool. I dive twin 100's a al 40 for 160ish and have a oxycheq 35# wing that is more than adequate.
I kill deep. That being said the best advice I can give you is do not be an island unto yourself. Fla. is home to to deep killing. Go find some locals who are doing it, in the rigs you hope to get. They can help you the most, and prolly have a dive locker full of crap you can try for free before laying out hard cash. Used gear is also usually about 50% the cost of new.
Eric

This thread is funny... but not in a good kinda way! lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom