OMS manifolds & luxfer s080

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sulaiman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
will OMS manifolds work on luxfer s080 ?

i emailed oms and i got the worst answer ever

" if luxfer s080 is USA threaded " <-------------- tell me yes or no stupid answer

so i email luxfer to ask them the same thing i didnt get any reply from them

treid the search in this forums tried googleing

still nothing

if some 1 can help on that matter
thanks in advance

sorry for my bad english

Hey Sulaiman:
The only issue is the compatibility of the inlet thread of the cylinder being correct for the manifold. The OMS manifold sold in the US market has a 3/4 x 14 NPSM thread. Luxfer scuba cylinders (except ALW106) sold to the US market also have a 3/4 x 14 NPSM inlet thread. So in most situations there is no problem with compatibility.

Though please note, for some export markets Luxfer manufactures the S80 (and other size) cylinders with a M25 x 2.0 inlet thread. In this case you need a manifold with a matching M25 x 2.0 thread.

Also, be aware that the bands used will need to match the cylinder diameter (7.25") and the center to center spacing of the manifold (8.48").

sulaiman:
will OMS manifolds work on luxfer s080 ?

QUOTE]

XS scuba thanks alot for the info

1 more question please

if the threads on the manifolds fit on the tanks threads thats mean they are ok ? right
in other word if i bumb air on the tank after installing the manifolds it will be safe to do so right ?

the marking i have on my tank is like that

TC-3AL M207
DOT-3AL3000 P774755 LUXFER 04A07 S080

and the manifold i got is OMS V-300RC <---- thread size USA 3/4" 14 NPSM

will they work together

thanks

Back
Top Bottom