OMS HID vs Greenforce HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GregV:
Thanks for all the info, I'll take a look at Salvo lights as well. I'm looking at making a purchase in the next month or so, right now I'm kinda leaning to with the Greenforce due to the wide range of options with these lights.

If you need to locate a dealer, let me know. I am glad that you can appreciate the Green Force is not a dive light but a "modular lighting system."

Thanks - Greg

Greg,

Greg Dubas is one of those owner dudes trying to sell you his product...Typical salesman:) Thing is...He sells a fantastic product. He is also a great individual who is willing to talk personally with you anytime you need to. I cannot speak for other brands, but I bought a Greenforce HID 50 from him recently and absolutely love it. The first time I used it I took it back inside one of the wrecks I dive. I used my regular dive light to get back there. This was a relatively big area off of the boiler room. I turned off my dive light and it was pitch black in there. Then I lit my Greenforce...Imagine standing in an unlit football stadium at night and all of a sudden the stadium lights come on...

I have the older 10W OMS Phantom with the NiHM batteries- I like that little light! The head is small and the light is tough. I did have to replace the switch after about 3 years, but it failed without flooding- it just wouldn't make contact.

If I had to buy another light, I would probably get a 10W Sartek with a focusable head, but I would keep my OMS light as a backup.

Back
Top Bottom