OMS HID Phantom 21Watt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwfletcher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am contemplating purchasing the new 2003 single canister OMS HID Phantom 21Watt dive light ($699.00). Has anyone else used this light? And if so, how was your experience with it?

Thanks in advance!

There are brighter ones for around 400-600 dollars Canadian I would keep looking myself. But its your money... :) some have two or three different powers 20-40 watts or something like that. Just go to Google and type in dive lights and see what comes up. Hope this helps a little.

Mikiko once bubbled...
There are brighter ones for around 400-600 dollars Canadian I would keep looking myself. But its your money... :) some have two or three different powers 20-40 watts or something like that. Just go to Google and type in dive lights and see what comes up. Hope this helps a little.

OK, where exactly have you found cannister lights in Canada on-line for these prices? I haven't seen anything less than around $900 CDN.:confused:

I think that Mikiko is thinking about Halogen lights, not HID lamps as mentioned.

And for the original poster, I have not used the OMS light to give you any good feedback.

Do you really need that much light. 10 watt units are geting reasonable and are mucho bright.

Back
Top Bottom