OMS Doubles Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I purchased a set of doubles from a customer this weekend. They are steel OMS 112 cu. ft. with bands and an isolation manifold. I got them for $500. We did the viz on them and they looked good and the hydro was up to date. I have two questions. Did I get a good deal? Should I have the manifold inspected just as a precaution? Thanks.

Duane

Yes, but I would advise to ask that question BEFORE making the purchase next time.

Do you know any history on the manifold? Last rebuild? Unless you're doing PP blending then I wouldn't worry about it.

That's a sweet setup for $500. I have two OMS 125s, but I've always had my eye on the 112s - I think they're the perfect "big cylinder" for doubles. I'm a strong guy but I don't think I could handle doubled 125s (@~55 lbs/cylinder) ... one is bad enough. Although these cylinders are heavy, they're fantasic underwater. My 125s are a b%$#h on land yet so graceful underwater. I agree with "onebrightgator" make sure you have those cylinders and manifolds thoroughly inspected prior to the purchase, but it sounds like you got a great deal! Enjoy...I'm jealous!

Actually, $500 for a set of those tanks with bands in Vis and Hydro is a good deal even if the manifold needed rebuilt. Good purchase.

jhnsndn:
I purchased a set of doubles from a customer this weekend. They are steel OMS 112 cu. ft. with bands and an isolation manifold. I got them for $500. We did the viz on them and they looked good and the hydro was up to date. I have two questions. Did I get a good deal? Should I have the manifold inspected just as a precaution? Thanks.

Duane
Want to sell them to me for $550? :eyebrow:

I just got a set of OMS 112's brand new for $700 so I would definately say that is a good deal.

Matt

mempilot:
Actually, $500 for a set of those tanks with bands in Vis and Hydro is a good deal even if the manifold needed rebuilt. Good purchase.

It's a great deal even if you need a hydro and a valve service. $500 bucks for a set of 112's is about 1/2 what you would pay for them new.

Regards,

Corigan:
I just got a set of OMS 112's brand new for $700 so I would definately say that is a good deal.

Matt

$700 brand new w/ manifold????
That's fantastic and I thought the $500 for used ones was good.

I paid $350 each over 5 yrs ago and then another $300 or so for the bands and manifold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom