OMS bungied wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigcat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone had any trouble with the silicone surgical tubing OMS supplies with the IQ pack? Several bands on my BC have broken recently. Think it may be dryrot! My BC has never been in the water. :confused:

Originally posted by bigcat
Anyone had any trouble with the silicone surgical tubing OMS supplies with the IQ pack? Several bands on my BC have broken recently. Think it may be dryrot! My BC has never been in the water. :confused:
This is actually good news on several levels.

OK,why? I like the bungied wing. What 's up?

If you go to www.Reefscuba.com , you will find some great info on this subject. I replaced my bungees with 3/16" instead of the 1/4". It deploys a bit easier and the new bungies are all the same length. They work great too... as I tried them out with my new Fred-T heavy backplate in the Forty Fathom Grotto. I do like the way the air does NOT shift when you have them on.

That being said, I did purchase a 55# OMS wing that is NOT bungeed. She will have a go in the pool tomorrow afternoon... especially since taxes are DONE, DONE, DONE!!! I wonder if the IRS will mind if I deduct one lost diving weekend for this year??? It would be under the "Cost of doing taxes"!

Talked to some dude from Reefscuba last week about OMS bungies. He thought I should go with Latex or wraped bungie cord. Sent an email to OMS this past Monday and unfortunatly still haven't heard back from them. Was out in the neighborhood tonight looking for surgical tubing. I think I'm addicted to this stuff :wink:

I would avoid the "real bungee" cord as that is WAY too stiff. The 3/16" worked perfectly for me.

Yooper, Pug,

I can't seem to recall any discussion about Halcyon wings dry rotting or coming from the factory with items that had to be replaced to work "correctly."

Can either of you?

Might be a message in there somewhere...

Roak

what ye do not understand...

1st Opinions 3:12

"Let's do it in latex"

(Better not even MENTION the name of the book I am refering to!)

Now, please turn in your bungeed hymnals to...

Bungee Cords
(To the tune of "Harvest Moon")

So tie on, tie on Bungee cords...
On your BC!
You find they really work!
And help you with your trim
When you're out in the sea!

They don't cause, don't cause pre mature...
Defla-a-a-tion! (oh no!)
They keep that air from shifting!
And don't cause undo harm
With a manual inflation!!!

:tease:

Guys,

This debate is never going to end. Some people like them. I don't. Until people dive both a non-bungee and a bungee wing, then they may not take another opinion.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom