OMS and their Bungeed Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carter's bag is closed, with a duckbill flap rather than a hard valve. Inflates at depth with your exhaust, no hoses needed. It's the rat's behind, simple & without extra stuff that can become "Murphyized".
The "duckbill" is like a funnel made out of the bag fabric. Air pressure holds it shut, add an air bubble under it & it'll burp into the bag.
Also has normal dump/OPV.
If you're only going to mess with 1 bag, this is the only one you'll need.

Bob3 or FredT

Whay do you guys think about the 35# model? Would either the 35 or 75 work a a towable dive float? My intentions are not for a large lift, mainly for an upline marker or float.

All are the same "diameter" or width deflated, and the bulk of the storage volume is due to the overpressure vent. A few more turns of fabric mean nothing volume wise.

The 75 is twice as tall visually as the 35, the 100 will be that much longer still and be better as a rescue float.

Given a choice of today's products I'd get the 100 for the best visibility. Any bag will lift anything up to it's rated level, so the primary difference between the 3 bags is visibility when used as a surface marker, and there more is better. I've used them for anchor and fish recovery as well, but the primary purpose of the bag when I'm carrying it is as a "fetch me" float.

FT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom