omniswivel won't swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GuyNZ

Registered
Reaction score
I just purchased a couple of omniswivel 90 degree LP swivels from tecdive australia
and the body seems too long or the center shaft too short
the body jams on the regulator when tightening the shaft
the red arrow indicates my swivel
the blue arrow indicated a good swivel (from the internet)
and the other picture shows a manufactures name and code
do omniswivel brand their stuff omniswivel or do they sometimes use the old M and J Engineering brand

tec dive basically told me he never supplied these swivels and to go away

has anyone seen swivels like this?

Attachments

• Bad Omniswivel-PS-LP-1-4_900x.jpg
    Bad Omniswivel-PS-LP-1-4_900x.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Good Omniswivel-PS-LP-1-4_900x.jpg
    Good Omniswivel-PS-LP-1-4_900x.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 51
  • rrpmOwk0KgSnvsXB.jpg
    rrpmOwk0KgSnvsXB.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 52
You do not have a genuine Omniswivel.

Push the bolt out then seat it properly, what's the purpose of all the gunk in the threads

You do not have a genuine Omniswivel.
M&J is the original brand, so named after Johan, who remains the owner operator of Omni.

@GuyNZ Flip the bolt around and into the other side and if that helps the fit to look as you hope it to. If that doesn’t work, it may be worth reaching out to Omniswivel. A reminder that these things need service, especially in salt water.

M&J is the original brand, so named after Johan, who remains the owner operator of Omni.

@GuyNZ Flip the bolt around and into the other side and if that helps the fit to look as you hope it to. If that doesn’t work, it may be worth reaching out to Omniswivel. A reminder that these things need service, especially in salt water.

That I guess then explains why it does not look like either of my fairly new swivels. Thanks :wink:.

I just purchased a couple of omniswivel 90 degree LP swivels from tecdive australia
tec dive basically told me he never supplied these swivels and to go away
I assume you have the invoice for the purchase. Post that up. Then send tech dive an email with that and a picture of what they sent you noting that they sent you old new stock. Then post an online review.

Hi thanks for the suggestions - this is a brand new item - it is the correct way round, there is a recess so it is quite clear which way it should be - and just to be certain I did try it the other way round.
Dive tech say it is not new old stock at least not their new old stock but maybe it was new old stock from omniswivel.
Really I was just checking if omniswivel used this branding in the past and when it was used.

Take all the rubber out man and see if it protrudes then man

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom