omniswivel (omni swivel)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crestgel

Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen a few swivel connectors at a few lds. They all came in little plastic bags with no indications as to place of manufacturing. When I was at the long beach scuba show I saw M&J Engineering (www.omniswivel.com) they had pat numbers and made in USA stamped or laser etched on their swivels. I wonder if my lds are selling knock offs of the Omni Swivel. Anyone with some insight please post what you know.

The ones that I have seen are put out by trident. Buttrident also sells UK lights, so their originality is unlikely.

rescuediver009:
The ones that I have seen are put out by trident. Buttrident also sells UK lights, so their originality is unlikely.

We've been using these swivels for years, but to be honest I'm unsure of their mfg. I too thought they were from Trident.

SubMariner:
We've been using these swivels for years, but to be honest I'm unsure of their mfg. I too thought they were from Trident.

Yeah, i think that the one appearingon the oceanic omega is the same no name. Their price section doesn't work. Any idea on how much they want for these things?

The omni swivels go for 50.00 mail order but were 40 at the scuba show.

Can you guys see any differences between the ones you are using and the omni swivels?

rescuediver009:
Yeah, i think that the one appearingon the oceanic omega is the same no name. Their price section doesn't work. Any idea on how much they want for these things?

I'm willing to bet that it has more to do with some very small difference.

I imagine omniswivel just improved upon existing technology and was able to patent the new version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom