OMG - Lembeh is Incredible!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjames

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just got back from a week at Lembeh Resort and I'm still seeing harry frogfish! What an incredible place! I highly recommend the resort and the area. I'll post pictures and a trip report when I get back to the states.

cjames:
Just got back from a week at Lembeh Resort and I'm still seeing harry frogfish! What an incredible place! I highly recommend the resort and the area. I'll post pictures and a trip report when I get back to the states.

ey cjames,

was diving with a couple of macrofreaks last week and they also raved about Lembeh. Interesting point though, they said Dumaguete in Central Philippines is very similar to Lembeh critter-wise and has a bit more variety coral- & topography-wise. And I heard Dumaguete is much cheaper than most resorts in Lembeh.

marku:
ey cjames,

was diving with a couple of macrofreaks last week and they also raved about Lembeh. Interesting point though, they said Dumaguete in Central Philippines is very similar to Lembeh critter-wise and has a bit more variety coral- & topography-wise. And I heard Dumaguete is much cheaper than most resorts in Lembeh.

Dumaguette is very very good - I had never thought of it b4 but there are a lot of simlarities in what you see (and black sand of course). Also including that Apo is a "dumaguette site" makes the local presence of beuatiful untouched corals an attraction as well. It was very very cheap when I was there a couple of years ago. Lembeh def has mores sites to choose from though and pips Dg for me personally from a photography point of view but DG had other things I liked more also.

i have an old part of my website which I have not deleted yet.........

www.whiteheadimages.com/gallery

Just put in the search word "dumaguette" and then try "lembeh" and you can compare what's there yourself.

The 4 divesites along the beach in front of the resorts in Dumaguette were incredible: frogfish, ghostpipefish, nudibranch galore, cuttlefish, snake eel, stargazer, seahorse, bluering octopus, mimic octopus etc.
Apo Island was nice but I was seasick at the time so I did not enjoy it as much. I just came back from lembeh and I would say that Lembeh still has a slight edge as far as number of critters and varieties are concerned but background in Dumaguette was generally better so pictures turned out a bit nicer.
While I was in Dumaguette, the divesite at the Pier was closed to diver but I heard that it has been reopened. It supposed to be the best site in Dumaguette so who knows, it might be just as good as Lembeh but it just does not have quite as many sites.

Back
Top Bottom