OMG! 403 lb Warsaw Speared in Gulf of Mexico!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So quit with the bear $hit!

There was no lucky shot involved here.

Two strategically placed spears by a seasoned pro in 400' of water took this behemoth fish out.

End of story!

Chad

Ana:
so you don't like bears uh?

Ana,

No I'd love to check a wild bear out!
But there's not much chance of a Florida boy ever seeing any real bears.

You know what my point was.

Chad

Lightning Fish:
Rob,

Separate incidents. This was up Whiteswan. The grizzly bear is now in the local museum.

Bill.

Ah. Sorry. I thought you might have had those other two stories in a blender. I don't recall seeing the bear you mentioned.

R..

P.S. -- had to respond just for Chad. :) Now that we're on the subject, Whiteswan has some big fish. I've seen the odd 5 pounder up there. :)

To bring this thread back on track. HOLY S***! :)

Being that objects look 25% bigger underwater, I wonder if he was disappointed when he got it onto the boat and found out it was only 403 lbs..... :wink:

I wonder if that fish ever met a guy name Jonah......

Chad Carney:
So quit with the bear $hit!

There was no lucky shot involved here.

Two strategically placed spears by a seasoned pro in 400' of water took this behemoth fish out.

End of story!

Chad

Yeah, enough of the hijacking. Otherwise, I'm still in shock....403 lbs at 425'....
(shakes head as eyes pop out again.)

Bill

Chad Carney:
Ana,

No I'd love to check a wild bear out!
But there's not much chance of a Florida boy ever seeing any real bears.

You know what my point was.

Chad

Actually, some divers out of Pensacola saw one while diving last summer. Really! They were on their way in and came across a Black Bear swimming in the Gulf. He had apparently come out of the Eglin reservation and tried to swim across one of the passes and got swept out by the current.

He was out about 2 miles in about 60 ft of water, but smimming toward the beach. They call the Coast Guard who called the FWC, and then they stayed with him until he got close to the beach. He apparently was tired, but no worse for the wear after swimming several miles in the Gulf.

If they had not gotten pictures, no one would have believed them, but the story ran on the front page of the Pensacola News Journal.

Florabama:
Actually, some divers out of Pensacola saw one while diving last summer. Really! They were on their way in and came across a Black Bear swimming in the Gulf. He had apparently come out of the Eglin reservation and tried to swim across one of the passes and got swept out by the current.

He was out about 2 miles in about 60 ft of water, but smimming toward the beach. They call the Coast Guard who called the FWC, and then they stayed with him until he got close to the beach. He apparently was tired, but no worse for the wear after swimming several miles in the Gulf.

If they had not gotten pictures, no one would have believed them, but the story ran on the front page of the Pensacola News Journal.
I'd love to see that link please!

QUETZAL:
I'd love to see that link please!

I looked for an article but its been too long ago. I couldn't find anything, but I promise it happened and was reported by the media.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom