Omer Abyss Mask Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowblind

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ciao!
This being my first post on SB, forgive me if I am making some sort of a faux pas. For my birthday my girlfriend bought me an Omer Abyss Limited edition mask. What makes it special is the low volume and rugged frame, but the really neat bit, are the lenses, or to be more precise, the lens-coating. I'm not sure what it is, but it is said to be anti-reflexive, meaning no glare while in the water.

This is all good and fine, but - here comes my question. Ever scince my first OW dive I have used a Technisub mask and loved every second of it. I vaguely remember my first instrutor tempering the lenses using a lighter. So now I have a new mask. Does any of you own such a mask and if so, did you need to remove the film on the inside of the lens(Is there even a film on these masks?)? What method did you use?

Can't wait to get this puppy tested and some other bigger items of gear as well :wink:
Thanks,
Snow

The only thing I've ever used on a new mask was toothpaste. Squirt some on the inside of the lenses, rub it around a bit, then rinse it out. Using a lighter is a new one on me.

Back
Top Bottom