Oman - Daymaniyat Islands - My diving Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingHeidi

Reaction score
Muscat – Daymaniyat Islands
2nd -5th August 2006

Hi all from the Gulf or planning to come to the Gulf,

Hereby finally my promised Diving report from Oman.
It toke me a long time to finally start with it but here it comes.

Day 1: Drive from Dubai to Muscat
It was a nice 5 hours drive from Dubai to Muscat in Oman.
We made this trip with another couple, who are Australian, but who are also living in Dubai.
We arrived at our Hotel , hotel Marjan, on Wednesday evening and were happy to have an early night as we had to wake up early the next day.

Day 2: First diving Day:
We arrived early morning at our dive center (Global Scuba Llc.).
See hereby how we would get onto the diving boat and then be brought into the sea, never experienced that before! But a good way to stay dry!!!!

4ontheladder.jpg

On the way to our first dive spot, we got surrounded by dolphins, 200 no even 300 dolphins, it was like wherever you looked on the horizon you could see dolphins jumping, magical feeling!!!!
For the first dive we had a very good visibility (up to 20 meters) and had some nice Blue trigger fish, many parrot fish and even a leopard shark.
Second dive of the day more nicely coloured fish and some nice corals and an electric ray and a turtle joined us.
turtle01.JPG

blue_triggerfish03.JPG

Day 3: Second Diving Day
What was amazing was that even though the outside temperature was hot, about
35 Degrees Celcius, the water got really refreshing, about 23- 24 C, we only had our new summer wetsuit (never used, this was the first time we tried it out) 0.5 mm and I was freezing on my first dive yesterday, we didn’t go that deep (26m), but I was cold. So on the dives of Day 2 I put my 3mm shorty on top and that felt better.
2 nice dives by the Daymaniyat Islands, my husband was very happy to try out his Sealife DC500 on our last diving trip to Turkey he got sick and I was the one using his new birthday present…
We have seen many nice soft corals from all colours, shells
clamshell.JPG

butterfly fish and Parrot fish
arabian_butterflyfish01.JPG

Great day, great company, great dives.

Day 4: last Day Diving, dives by Fahl Island
The idea was to go deep and see the big fish, but unfortunately the sea was very wild and it was impossible to get down on the deep side, so we did the quiet side of the island and went only down 15 m, we saw some huge morray eels, I stayed far enough away from them as they had heads as big as mine...
twomurrays.JPG
geometric_moray02.JPG

Nice dives and we enjoyed it very much, worth a long weekend……

To see the our diving pictures in higher resolution feel free to visit our web-site on the following Link:http://www.buschbaum.de/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=68

Heidi, those are some very cool pics.

Those Arabian Butterflyfish might be one of the most beautiful things I've seen.

Glad you had a good time!

Wow nice!!!
I am gonna be there with my wife at the end of october

Ian T:
Glad you enjoyed it, which dive sites did you go to?

Hi Ian,

Just checked my logbook and didn't fill in the names of the dive sites and now of course don't know it anymore. Well, we did 4 dives at the Daymaniyat Islands ( deepest 26 m and most shallow one 14m) and 2 dives at Fahl Island, but not the deep site of Fahl Island were the big fish are , because the sea was to rough there.

divingHeidi:
You will enjoy it Kruz, certainly worth it:wink:

i know i shall,thx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom