Oman - Daymaniyat Islands - My diving Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Kruz,

Thanks for the link, I just had a look at your link , nice pics.
And I showed it to my husband, he lived in Croatia 25 years ago (he had a girlfriend there before my times, he was in Premosten in the summer and Belgrade in the winter.
He says yes it is nice there, maybe one day we go back.....

Hi Kruz,

And I showed it to my husband, he lived in Croatia 25 years ago (he had a girlfriend there before my times, he was in Premosten in the summer and Belgrade in the winter.

Shame the weather was against you at Fahal Island, but you don't have to be deep to see the bigger fish. I dived Oman five years ago and we did a dive to no more than 6m at Fahal and saw Keith and Brutus, the two resident lemon sharks, and they were easily 3 to 3 1/2 metres long. They spent a good 30 minutes with us - very cool dive. Also got lots of little blacktips, and three reasonable grey reefs in the L-shaped cave system.

Also got a pod of killer whales surfacing next to the dive boat on our way back from the Daymaniat Islands - I wanted to get in, but the dive guide wouldn't let me. Bummer...

Awesome place, can't wait to go back again!!!

Mark

PS: Oh, Jamesa, it only tends to be the titan triggerfish which are really aggressive. Blues and other species can be a bit techy around breeding season, but titans can be that way out all year round if they feel territorial - believe me, I know, I have been chased by enough in the Middle East, Maldives, Thailand and Indonesia!

divingHeidi:
Hi Kruz,

i am glad you like my photos
yes,Primosten is in Croatia and it is nice little town on Adriatic coast,Belgrade is not in Croatia it is capital of Serbia

hi DivingHeidi i am glad to read this and bcs u enjoy ur time here in oman and hope next time u can stay more days so u can dive in many places here bcs in Daymaniyat Islands there more than 5 location and there u can see the spiny lubster too and some time you can the gropper and many kind of fish and about the dolphins you can see they mix with the blue fin tuna fish and it very good chance if u haVE fishing line bcs u can cough this tuna fish some time easy....
and about the Fahl Island its nice place too and more deeper than daymaniyat and there u can see more big fish like the gropper and trovaly, queen fish and even the king fish and sharks whale and humer head shark, macrol ...
and there is anathere place there they call it keran island side .
any way wish for u all the best and hope u be here again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom