Omaha, NE Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gac

Registered
Reaction score
Where does one dive in Omaha, Nebraska (and surrounding area)?

Gac:

Closest place I've dove is UnderWaterWorld's quarry by Melvern Ia. Weekend trips to the sandpits by Kearney, Okoboji or Ft Randall (heading there this weekend for a spearfishing tourney)

We have made the trip to Mo & AR for the weekend but with gas prices now that will cease.

Terry

Wkndbum:
Closest place I've dove is UnderWaterWorld's quarry by Melvern Ia. Weekend trips to the sandpits by Kearney, Okoboji or Ft Randall (heading there this weekend for a spearfishing tourney)

We have made the trip to Mo & AR for the weekend but with gas prices now that will cease.

Terry

I was down there 2 weeks ago and bough gas for 2.00 a gallon. Around the lakes gas was 2.15 a gallon. As you got further from the lake gas got higher and I saw 2.25 further out.

Lebanon was 2.00 per gallon, couple stations there with that price. Most towns near it had 2.06 per gallon.

Quit your complaining. Locally gas is $2.55 per gallon for 85 octane and $2.65 per allon for 87/88 octane.

Price fixing has been a local tradition for years with local distributors pushing the prices up in anticipation of tourists and bikers and then basically leaving them there for months.

Wkndbum:

Here are a couple of links:
Quail Run Quarry near Malvern, IA
Sandy Channel

My husband and I dove Sandy Channel a couple of times in July of this year. The deepest place we found in the lake was 19'. Had fun looking for all the objects the LDS placed underwater. Last September I completed my Rescue Diver certificate at West Lake Okoboji, would like to make another trip there sometime. Haven't been diving at Quail Run yet, hoping we can squeeze in a quick trip there next weekend.

Gac:

We are going to run out to Sandy Channel this weekend. Its a shallow one but you can get wet. We are just going to work on skills. I've heard there was good diving in the past at Lake Mac (4.5 hrs west) but the drought the last few years had dropped that lake. Haven't heard anything about it lately. If you stop by Underwater World you can dive their site at Malvern on the weekends only.

Nebdiver:
If you stop by Underwater World you can dive their site at Malvern on the weekends only.
Correct, its actually only weekends when they have staff at the quarry. Which boils down to only when ow students are doing their checkout dives (most weekends). Their night dive/cookout is Aug 27th, I'll probably go for that.

Also thinking about Beaver Lake, Table Rock or maybe Oronogo the weekend of Sept 10th, PM me if anyone is interested in doing a trip down south.

StSomewhere:
Also thinking about Beaver Lake, Table Rock or maybe Oronogo the weekend of Sept 10th, PM me if anyone is interested in doing a trip down south.

Sept 17 is the Project Aware day @ Table Rock, free boat, free air fills, free lunch, door prizes.

Rocklane Resort has a special that weekend, 2 nights $100 (nice rooms)

We're heading down there.

Terry

Wkndbum:
Sept 17 is the Project Aware day @ Table Rock, free boat, free air fills, free lunch, door prizes.

Rocklane Resort has a special that weekend, 2 nights $100 (nice rooms)

We're heading down there.
Thanks for the heads-up, Terry. Yeah, we're shortstaffed at work and I'm on-call that weekend. I was originally going to do my DIR-F then but that got shot down too. Sounds like lots of people will be having fun underwater that weekend...

Curious, who's boat? Scuba Sports?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom