OM Systems OM-1 camera & Nauticam housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My new camera and housing have arrived! No, I haven't gotten in the water with them, yet.

P5190014.JPGP5190015.JPGP5190004.JPG

If anyone is interested, I have 2 Olympus EM-5 camera bodies with a Nauticam housing for sale. PM me.

My new camera and housing have arrived! No, I haven't gotten in the water with them, yet.

View attachment 723860View attachment 723861View attachment 723862

If anyone is interested, I have 2 Olympus EM-5 camera bodies with a Nauticam housing for sale. PM me.

Awesome, congratulations!!!

Questions:

1. Do you have the OLY 12-50mm lens with the gears and port?

2. What lens do you have anyways?

3. What are you using to trigger the strobes, the Nauticam thingie that is mounted on the camera's hot-shoe or something else?

4. What strobes are you using?

5. Were you able to get a second battery for the camera?

6. I can't wait for you to take pictures with it U/W and compare the results with the EM5. I have an EM5 that I have had since 2012 and I am saving my sheep and camels to buy an OM-1 and would love to hear first hand experience report.

You THE MAN!!

Awesome, congratulations!!!

Questions:

1. Do you have the OLY 12-50mm lens with the gears and port?

2. What lens do you have anyways?

3. What are you using to trigger the strobes, the Nauticam thingie that is mounted on the camera's hot-shoe or something else?

4. What strobes are you using?

5. Were you able to get a second battery for the camera?

6. I can't wait for you to take pictures with it U/W and compare the results with the EM5. I have an EM5 that I have had since 2012 and I am saving my sheep and camels to buy an OM-1 and would love to hear first hand experience report.

You THE MAN!!

1. Yes, but the old gear is not compatible with the new camera! An updated gear is available from Reef Photo. I have one on order.

2. 8mm FE, 45mm macro, 60 macro, 12-50mm zoom and a bunch of telephoto lenses for topside.

3. 4. I have YS D-1 strobes - fiber optic slaves controlled by the OM-1's flash unit.

5. I've not yet received the second battery that was included in the original order. Tick, tock.

1. Yes, but the old gear is not compatible with the new camera! An updated gear is available from Reef Photo. I have one on order.

Yes, that's what I knew about the old gear not being compatible with the OM1 Nauticam housing. I was told by Nauticam few weeks ago that they were working on an updated gear for the OM1 housing. Did you have to pay for it or was it free/ discounted? Was it a Nauticam gear or Reef Photo gear?

2. 8mm FE, 45mm macro, 60 macro, 12-50mm zoom
I have the Pani 8mm, the 60 macro and the 12-50mm myself. I want to get the new OM 8-25mm and possibly the 30mm or the 45mm macro but not sure which? What do you recommend? Isn't the 45mm very close to the 60mm?

Thought also about the 12-45mm but not sure that I need it since I have the 12-50mm but the 12-50 isn't very sharp in my experience.

3. 4. I have YS D-1 strobes - fiber optic slaves controlled by the OM-1's flash unit.
Does the OM1 come with a little tiny flash just like the EM5 did?

I didn't like the flash that came with the EM5 and got the electronic synch cord to save camera batter life and also, most important, I was control by the camera to limit the strobe synch speed to 1/250s max. When I switched to the synch cord, I was able to shoot at 1/320s no problem. The problem started to appear with shutter speeds above 1/320s.

5. I've not yet received the second battery that was included in the original order. Tick, tock.

I read that they are in very short supply.

Yes, that's what I knew about the old gear not being compatible with the OM1 Nauticam housing. I was told by Nauticam few weeks ago that they were working on an updated gear for the OM1 housing. Did you have to pay for it or was it free/ discounted? Was it a Nauticam gear or Reef Photo gear?

I have the Pani 8mm, the 60 macro and the 12-50mm myself. I want to get the new OM 8-25mm and possibly the 30mm or the 45mm macro but not sure which? What do you recommend? Isn't the 45mm very close to the 60mm?

Thought also about the 12-45mm but not sure that I need it since I have the 12-50mm but the 12-50 isn't very sharp in my experience.

Does the OM1 come with a little tiny flash just like the EM5 did?

I didn't like the flash that came with the EM5 and got the electronic synch cord to save camera batter life and also, most important, I was control by the camera to limit the strobe synch speed to 1/250s max. When I switched to the synch cord, I was able to shoot at 1/320s no problem. The problem started to appear with shutter speeds above 1/320s.

I read that they are in very short supply.

Nauticam gear for the 12-50. The difference is the eyebrow on the front of the OM-1 hits the top of the inner gear ring on the older set up. The new gear is flat on top and does fit. Here's the URL:
Nauticam O1250-Z Zoom Gear for Olympus 12-50mm EZ (for NA-GH5 / EM1X)

I do not like my 45mm and I hate my 60mm macro lens, underwater. Both lenses hunt too much for me. I've heard good things about the 12-40 PRO but it doesn't give you macro or work behind a flat port that would take a diopter.

Yes, slightly larger flash included with the camera (FL-LM3.) BTW, The hot shoe on the OM-1 is different from that on the EM-5 camera.

1653089992877.png

That might be interesting with a diopter or two.

Nauticam diopters don't work with this specific lens according to their chart.

Have you?

Nope, I have the 60mm and it is "too much" sometimes for the marine Life I am dealing with and hence looking at the Pani 45mm and 30mm.

Nauticam diopters don't work with this specific lens according to their chart.

Nope, I have the 60mm and it is "too much" sometimes for the marine Life I am dealing with and hence looking at the Pani 45mm and 30mm.
Hi, just wondering if the old 50mm macro could be useful with the 4/3rds to M4/3rds converter. I used to get pretty sharp images with that lens and it didn't hunt as the 60 does, but that was a fair while ago. Have no idea re ports etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom