Info OM-1 bird tracking underwater!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The OM-1 features bird tracking. I tried it underwater with C-AF. Surprise, surprise, it works pretty well. Bright colored fish are tracked as if they were birds in flight. Really cool.

1660435838213.jpeg

Interesting.
you seem to love this new setup

That sounds like a great feature and this OM-1 has my interest but not until the 2nd hand market kicks off.

It could be the ideal camera that will cover UW pics and bird photography (my other weakness).

Jim, just had a thought, I wonder what pro-capture could do for fast-moving objects UW? I note it is also on the latest EM5.

Jim, just had a thought, I wonder what pro-capture could do for fast-moving objects UW? I note it is also on the latest EM5.

No first hand experience but I think there are concerns about how it would work in terms of:

1. If using strobe, is the strobe going to keep up with the shots required in the pro-capture?

2. If the strobe going to shoot continuously, will this cause over-heating issues in the strobe (or any other issues)?

3. Will the strobe batteries last for a reasonable number of shots during the dive while firing the strobe to keep up with the pro-capture for every shot?

Of course how silly of me, I assumed the flash wouldn't fire until you pressed the button.

Just read this on a backscatter page, should have done more googling:
The Olympus TG-6 still has Pro Capture mode for buffering images and capturing the action from before you hit the shutter button, but as cool as this is, only works underwater when shooting stills with a video light. It’s a nice feature but likely one that won’t be used often.

Of course how silly of me, I assumed the flash wouldn't fire until you pressed the button.
I don't think that it will fire actually so your procapture is going to give you underexposed pics. Somebody should try and get back to us 😉

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom