olympus pt015 housing questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hunter991

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So are there any proper upkeep and maintenance required on this housing? I didn't get a manual with my housing and I am not quiet sure what I am supposed to do to keep in in tip top shape.

Also anyone taken them deep yet? I am just curious how deep they have been taken without problems.

Brent

There's not alot to do other than o-ring maintenance. I use a drop of liquid silicone (in the pump bottle) on each of the buttons, using a glue syringe with a teeeeeensy tip. Always dry it off with a soft cloth to remove any water residue.

As with any housings, SOAK IT very very well after dives in fresh water (try to avoid buckets that people rinse masks in as the soaps dry out the seals). Only other maintenance is to make sure its sparkling clean and nothing is sitting on the seals. BTW- I took mine to 120' but chickened out when the buttons got harder to push... I didn't take it on the 140' dive in Belize.

Wade

Ha, there with you on the chickening out. Is there somewhere in particular to put the drying agent in the camera? Or do you just throw it in the bottom? I didn't get a manual with my housing and am not quiet sure what to do.

hunter991:
Ha, there with you on the chickening out. Is there somewhere in particular to put the drying agent in the camera? Or do you just throw it in the bottom? I didn't get a manual with my housing and am not quiet sure what to do.

I slip mine in the space between the bottom of the camera and the housing AFTER I have the camera properly settled in the housing. Don't force the packets into any space it won't drop into freely. I did that trying to add a couple extra ones and it forced the camera out of alighment and caused all kinds of problems.

That was a great help, thanks.

B

Back
Top Bottom