Olympus C-5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mariov

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys

Probably a million people would have asked the same question so i do apologise in advace :wink:.

I am on the process of buying a digital camera for everyday use plus diving.

After few discussions a lot of people have recommended teh C-5050 or C-5060 . I dont know much about cameras and its not a cheap option ($1500 with PT-20 case) i wanna make sure its a good camera.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Mario

It's basically a decision of what features are more important to you.

There is a good comparison HERE from someone who has both cameras.

mariov:
Hey guys

Probably a million people would have asked the same question so i do apologise in advace :wink:.

I am on the process of buying a digital camera for everyday use plus diving.

After few discussions a lot of people have recommended teh C-5050 or C-5060 . I dont know much about cameras and its not a cheap option ($1500 with PT-20 case) i wanna make sure its a good camera.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Mario

Mario

1) buy it overseas...I bought my 5050 and PT housing for about $700 Australian in March. Bought in USA. A friend just bought his here and with a 128 card was about $1900! I bought us both 512 cards for about $90 Australian!

2) I would go with the 5050 over the 5060 - more users, more support, faster lens

3) if you won't use this much camera, you can check out the Olympus Stylus range and the Canon range - I love the Canon A series. On this board you will also find Lukerob who uses an A70, I've used my a lot - wonderful images and expandable for strobes and lenses (lenses are not as simple as the oly 5050 I think). On the Canon A70 you have complete manual control should you want it. It is also smaller than the Oly 5050.

Hope this helps some...

mariov:
Damn 700 bucks sounds damn good price !!!! I will have a look as i got friends leave in the states ...

Thanks guys

Ordered my 5060 today with housing for $668

Mike

Is that American dollars? From where if you dont mind me asking ? If its AUD then hello new camera :D

yes, mariov, USD...........not to be confused with Canadian "dollars"...LOL!

I am shopping for a 5060 and housing. Actually, I waiting for Fridays' paycheck. Been spending too much on scuba lately. $1000 here and $900 there, and pretty soon you're talking real money. Anyway, using froogle.com it was pretty easy to find the camera for $400 and the housing for around $190, plus shipping of course. In USD.

5615mike:
Ordered my 5060 today with housing for $668
that is a great price and what i was looking for, where did you buy.

jjgibo:
that is a great price and what i was looking for, where did you buy.

If you want factory refurbished, you can get it even cheaper at...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3816564693&category=48542

This is $350 on Buy It Now

Or if you don't like refurbished, you can get it at
http://ww2.fotoconnection.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=5423&section=
for $429. I don't see the $397 site anymore, maybe they sold out.
The fotoconnection place also has the PT020 housing for $200.

So the total after 3day shipping is $660.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom