Olympus big boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kentmorrdave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hola. Heading to Morehead City for my first NC dives Monday. ( Hopefully, we were blown out last month). Any tips for the big Olympus boat? Where to sit for sun on the way out but still staying dry? Is it possible? What about surface interval? What is the easiest lunch to bring. I saw they have a galley of sorts. Man, I am looking forward to it.Had dinner at Floyds last time and it was good, any other favorites? Thanks

You should be able to stay dry pretty much anywhere on the boat. You can climb up top and lounge on some bean bags for sun. Bring some sub sandwiches and fruit and drinks and put them in the cooler on top.

We took sub sandwiches but I think a PB&J would have hit the spot (next time!!). Be sure to take drinks, too. They have a water fountain but it is down in salon area. I wouldn't worry about gettting wet on the boat, though there was some splashing on way back in. They pull down side flaps at the gate areas which take the most of it. People riding back in on top deck did get splashed occasionally. Some people went down to salon area and took a nap on benches, in the a/c, some sat on benches around tanks for the ride.

Have a great time, I hope you get out every day. We only got out 2 of our 3 days. Post a report here on SB when you get back.

robin:D

Back
Top Bottom