Olympus 1030SW/Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nem, do you think Inon will support the 1030 eventually?

Well, just a guess, I bet not.

N

Hmmm..

Do you think the YS27 mask kit will work for the PT-043? Is there enough space between the built in diffuser and the housing to fit the Sea&Sea kit in there? Can you remove the built in diffuser panel?

I'm leaning more and more towards the 850, but convincing the other half is a different story.

Yes, the diffuser on the hosuing is held by small screws which I removed to fit the AD adapter. The YS, that I am not sure about, show me a link or picture of it?

N

Hmmm, well, if you use the AD adapter you will not need the mask and all that even if you use the YS strobe. It includes a plastic mask and cable holder.

If you intend to use the camera's internal flash without an external strobe then you need the diffuser left on the housing.

I think the YS stuff will work, niot as elegant perhaps as the Inon solution.

I think you can use the Inon AD adapter and mask with the YS strobe and cable. I cannot swear to it. I would not bother with the Oly strobe, either YS or Inon, no on the Oly.

N

Olympus makes the UFL1 strobe which attaches to the hot shoe on the housing. I have a 770 in an Ikelite housing with the DS51 stobe. My wife has the 770 in Olympus housing with the UFL1. A sweet compact unit. Great for woman with small hands. Strobe sells for 250 at Adorama. Start with it and then move on up to the Inon or Ikelite.

Hmmm, well, if you use the AD adapter you will not need the mask and all that even if you use the YS strobe. It includes a plastic mask and cable holder.

If you intend to use the camera's internal flash without an external strobe then you need the diffuser left on the housing.

I think the YS stuff will work, niot as elegant perhaps as the Inon solution.

I think you can use the Inon AD adapter and mask with the YS strobe and cable. I cannot swear to it. I would not bother with the Oly strobe, either YS or Inon, no on the Oly.

N

Use the AD adapter, assuming we go with the 850, though?

Assuming we buy the 1030, will just the Sea&Sea mask function properly? Sorry for the questions, I just really don't know how the stuff works and I want to get the right items the first time around.

Olympus makes the UFL1 strobe which attaches to the hot shoe on the housing. I have a 770 in an Ikelite housing with the DS51 stobe. My wife has the 770 in Olympus housing with the UFL1. A sweet compact unit. Great for woman with small hands. Strobe sells for 250 at Adorama. Start with it and then move on up to the Inon or Ikelite.

Doubler, the Oly shoots slave only right? No cables?

Nemrod, nice shots and I agree with everything you said about Olympus. Two questions:

1. Why in a later post do you say no to the Oly UFL-1 for someone starting out?

2. And much more importatnt Where did you get that sweet dual hose? Looking for one myself.

Looking forward to your response.

Jim

Nem.

The YS27 manual (yes I'm that bored) says that it will not function with a camera which fires 2 or more pre-flashes.

Does that rule out the 850/1030?

Back
Top Bottom