Olympics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am a real fan of the Winter Olympics... and enjoy some of the summer action as well,,,,,BUT what kind of events could we 'propose' to the World Olympic Comm. (LOL) for a SCUBA event in each winter and summer games....hmmm, any ideas??

I was thinking about this very subject earlier in the week. I don't have any ideas yet. I'll keep you posted.

Underwater Paintball
and
Underwater Capture the Flag
Then of course there is
Underwater Tag Team Wrestling

Of course we can't forget the Underwater Banana eating and Beer drinking competitions we all hold so dear to our hearts
:wink:

These can both Summer and Winter sports

Timeliner:
Underwater Paintball
and
Underwater Capture the Flag
Then of course there is
Underwater Tag Team Wrestling

Of course we can't forget the Underwater Banana eating and Beer drinking competitions we all hold so dear to our hearts

These can both Summer and Winter sports

I really like the Capture the Flag game idea!!!

You could add scuba and spearguns and make it like the Biatholon? (where they ski and shoot)

On the subject of the winter olympics but not diving.... Do the Jamacians have a bob-sled team this year? ( I haven't heard anything about it.).

That and the ski jump just isn't the same without "Eddie the Eagle"

Underwater Poker Run....LOL :laughing:

mike_s:
On the subject of the winter olympics but not diving.... Do the Jamacians have a bob-sled team this year? ( I haven't heard anything about it.).

I believe they do. They haven't missed a Winter Olympics since the Cool Runnings entry in 1988. U.S. Virgin Islands do, as well.

Timeliner:
Underwater Paintball

I don't know. I kind of like the underwater Beer drinking competition. I don't know why I didn't put these two activities together. These are my two favorite things. :) Good idea Timeliner!

ScubaTexan:
Underwater Poker Run....LOL :laughing:

I believe they do. They haven't missed a Winter Olympics since the Cool Runnings entry in 1988. U.S. Virgin Islands do, as well.

I couldn't find anything that the team still existed or competed recently.
Apparantly they competedin Salt Lake City (or planned to) in 2002,
but I never heard anything about it.

However, one of their team members is now on the Canadian team.
He apparanlty just got his citizenship and lives there permanently.
BTW.... he was part of the 2 man team that just won Silver medal.

see http://www.nbcolympics.com/bobsled_2man/5119462/detail.html

As for the US Virgin Islands team.... another Wow for me... I didn't even
know they had a team and apparantly they went to Salt Lake in 2002 also.
I guess I missed that! I havn't seen any mention of them in 2006 games though.

I guess I stand corrected. I can't find any mention of the USVI team in Turin, either. They had a pretty severe crash in Salt Lake City, so they may not have been able to return to competition this year.

Back
Top Bottom