Oly Stylus 400 Pic's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divensailr

Reaction score
I am about to buy an Oly Stylus 400 and housing, and I
would like to see some pics from owners of that set up.
Good pics will push me over the edge and I'll go buy it
this weekend.

Thanks

Jerry

they don't make an external flash that goes with the housing for Stylus 400. I brought my Stylus 400 back to Circuit City for a refund.
Gotta have an external flash. Good luck with your choice.

AquaDog once bubbled...
According to Olympus they don't make an external flash that goes with the housing for Stylus 400. I brought my Stylus 400 back to Circuit City for a refund.
Gotta have an external flash. Good luck with your choice.

Whilst it is true that Olympus don't make an external strobe for the PT-016/Mju (Stylus) combo - Olympus aren't the only people that make UW strobes.

Look at Cameras Underwater.com and look at what the strobe at the bottom of the page is attached to. Looks like a Mju (Stylus) 300 to me :)

Dom

This website give info on a digital adaptor that can interface many old non-digital strobes to digital cameras. It includes a few oscilloscope screen shots showing the digicam preflash that causes the problems for old strobes.

I added another album with a few more photos, including one that I color corrected using the Olympus supplied software. None of the other photos are modified, or even cropped.

If you're a serious photographer, get another camera. If you want a really great, compact land camera that you can pop in a housing and snap off a few underwater shots, the Stylus 400 is a good choice. I also look forward to using my Stylus 400/PT 016 housing combo on my wet & sloppy sailing dinghy.

Charlie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom