Oly PT-015 + C5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just ordered & received the Olympus PT 015 housing from www.etronics.com . Great and efficient service!

sapphire

To save you a few hundred bucks, you might consider getting Photoshop Elements instead of the full blown Photoshop 7.0 program. Elements does what we need to manipulate and tweak our photos without all the bells and whistles and graphic arts stuff of the full PS program.

Price with rebates is $39-69

I had totally forgotten about Photoshop Elements. I remember seeing some really good reviews of it a few months back and it seems like a pretty nice program for the buck. If anyone's interested you can download a free trial version of Elements 2.0 from http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/main.html right now. I've been using it to correct some of my old digital pics and the stuff it can do automatically is pretty amazing.

Matt

nice to see c5050 uw shots!

i just bought the camera for almost two months and has yet to use it for underwater photography.

how do you fellas take out your o rings and how do you keep them when not in use? i am trying not to use the guitar-pick-like thing, but my fat fingers just cannot get the o rings out ...

beivied once bubbled...
.....how do you fellas take out your o rings and how do you keep them when not in use? i am trying not to use the guitar-pick-like thing, but my fat fingers just cannot get the o rings out ...

You're SUPPOSED to use the guitar pick thingy...that's what it's for!

I take my O-ring (o-ringS for you C-5050 folks) out if I'm not going to be using it for the next week. May be overkill to remove it that often but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I grease it well and put it in a sandwich size ziplock bag then place this ziplock bag inside the housing. More than once I've grabbed my camera gear at the last minute only to get there and have everything except the o-ring!

Went ahead and got the 5050 and 015. I decided to go with Cameta Camera in NY. www.cametacamera.com

Good reviews on Ebay and items in stock. I ordered it yesterday and it will be here on Mon/Tue (weekend) via UPS (I even have a tracking number) New, no-grey, no-refurb, all parts.

Can't wait to get wet!

Dee once bubbled...

You're SUPPOSED to use the guitar pick thingy...that's what it's for!

yap, i know that, but it is usually advised not to use anything except your fingers to push the o rings out. and olympus keep their underwater casings in shut tight state. at least that was what i saw in singapore. when i was using canon a40 with the casing, it was pretty easy to remove the o rings using my fat fingers...

Guess I misunderstood. With my old S&S MX-10 camera, it was easy to push the o-ring along until it stretched a bit and looped up so you could grab it. I'm supposing that's what you mean by using your fat fingers.

I use the pick to slip underneath the o-ring and raise it up enough that I can pick it up with my fingers, no stretching it.

Back
Top Bottom